48

Chapter 48 – Chu Huan (II)

Ye City and QingLu Sword Sect were both located in the Southern Continent. Naturally, Zhong Shan's reputation was more well-known here. As a disciple of the Central Continent, Lian Jian Zong's sage, Chu Huan's own brilliance seemed to be overshadowed by the brilliance of the stellaris in the Flower Picking Festival. Although he showed great strength in the first few rounds, it was still within expectations and didn't display any astonishing breakthrough performance.

There were also people who believed he hadn't yet been met with any strong opponent, which was why he hadn't used his strongest ace in his sleeve . Similar to before Chen Yi faced Yin Biyue, he also hadn't exerted his strongest move and thus, was underestimated.

Most of Lian Jian Zong's female disciples were like their sect leader, Yang Liu, unconstrained and brazen.

And many male disciples were all like their elder, Qu Jiang. Among the six sages, Qu Jiang had the most gentle temperament and was the lowest profile. Only when he drew his sword did he truly resemble a sage.

Ultimately, Duan Chongxuan incorporated various information from multiple sources and concluded, "I speculate that the amount of strength Chu Huan utilized in the previous round was at most forty percent."

Yin Biyue mildly knitted his brows. He only watched one of Chu Huan's matches. During the match, he hadn't yet used Spring Returning to a Withered Tree so he simply couldn't make out any clues to Chu Huan's limits.

Luo Mingchuan smiled a bit and consoled him, "Don't worry. I also cultivated some wood-type cultivation method."

Shixiong! What have you not cultivated!

Rationally, Yin Biyue believed he honestly thought too much. Shixiong definitely would win. However, he couldn't help but worry, and it wasn't even an ordinary kind of worry.

This sort of emotion was too unfamiliar, so much so that he wondered if there was something wrong with him recently.

The fight was set in the early morning1. As the first round of the ranking competition, where Cang Ya's head disciple would face the disciple of Lian Jian Zong's sage, even if the time was set earlier, it would still have countless people waking early and coming to watch. This was especially true for the Lian Jian and Cang Ya's disciples that were in Ye City, who almost all arrived.

The two greeted each other on the stage.

In terms of appearance alone, Chu Huan was more recognizable than Chen Yi. However, the pair's temperament were identical. The Lian Jian's purple qipao with wide sleeves and a narrow waist he wore, gave off a warm and peaceful feeling.

Everyone felt that it was a pleasure to look at the two upright gentlemen standing on the stage.

Chu Huan spoke, "It's an honor to meet you at last."

Luo Mingchan replied, "You're too polite."

Without much more exchange, this match had officially started.

Chu Huan rushed to release his first move, and a flash of green light flew out from his sleeves. The wind whistled, and in a blink of an eye, it grew to the width of a bowl!

Only when it flew in front of Luo Mingchuan did everyone clearly see that it was a vine. Sparkling and verdant, it was still constantly developing new seedling shoots.

Chu Huan's hands held the vine inside his sleeves, like a long whip, lashing it directly forward!

Luo Mingchuan's expression didn't change; practically at the same time as when the vine appeared, a fierce wall of flames suddenly ignited in front of his body!