seven

Nate tried to engage in conversation on the ride home, but Olivia passed out in the passenger seat. When they got to her house, he hesitated putting his hand on her shoulder to wake her up. He knew Jayson had touched her in ways he shouldn't have, and he knew Olivia probably thought Nate choking Maddy was true (because it was).

Point was, he didn't want to scare her awake and have her start getting anxious. So, instead, he scratched his nose and looked down at his lap.

"Liv." Nate said sternly.

Olivia shuffled and looked at her surroundings, seeing she was outside of her house. She put her hand on the door handle and opened it, not realizing her seatbelt was still on.

She struggled to press the button to undo it, so Nate carefully reached his hand down and pressed down for her. Liv untangled herself from the leather and slid out of the car.

"Just...text me when you want to meet up, or whatever." She mumbled, closing the door and stumbling up to the house.

When Olivia walked in, she saw Fezco sitting on the couch watching tv. She assumed Ashtray was upstairs in bed, so she walked over and sat down in Fez's lap, smiling.

She laid her head on his chest, tired. He looked down at her. Her makeup was a little messed up and she smelled like booze, but he didn't mind.

"You have fun?" He whispered. Liv thought for a second, her eyes still closed. She did have fun. And then Tori drug her into a bathroom and things started going to shit.

"Not really." She shrugged.

Liv opened her eyes and sat more to the side, still leaning into Fezco and looking at the tv. She saw that he was watching the cooking channel, and looked up at him with a face.

"What? They got some mad good tips on here." He said. Olivia smiled and laughed, continuing to look at him as he watched the tv screen ahead. It was the only light in the room, shining bright on both of their bodies.

"Nate drove me home tonight." Olivia admitted. Fez grabbed the remote and started turning the television volume down.

"Why?" He asked.

"He told me he needs some help with some money right now."

She didn't wanna tell him the full story, mainly because she didn't know how he'd react. But she wanted to be as honest with him as she could for now. She'll just get this last thing done with Nate and they'll both be on a plane to some tropical island, never to see East Highland again.

At least, that was the plan.

Fezco looked down at the girl, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't like that." He said. Liv nodded.

"I know. Me neither. But I kind of..owe him. He gave me my nudes back that Jayson had and he-"

"Nah. You don't owe him anything." Fezco shook his head, his voice getting more stern.

Olivia snuggled into him, his arm firmly wrapped around her. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes again. Liv knew deep down Fezco was right, but she also knew Rue could potentially be at risk for something, and wanted to try and protect her.