chapter seventy one

YOUR POV:

A FEW DAYS LATER

Nobody knew what I was up to. Nobody except Travis, Kylar and Aubrey. Aubrey only knew because I had to get an invite from her father and she was picking me up from the airport. I was going to South France where the girls were ending their tour and I was gonna stay with them for the rest of the time.

I was in France because I really missed Chloe and I thought it would be fun to have a date in the south of France. I wasn't really sure what to expect, getting in my head if she would even want to see me. I know I was probably being a little dramatic, but I've been through hell with this girl and-

"Y/n!" Aubrey called, waving her hand around so I could see her. I spotted her standing beside a black car and a man dressed in a military uniform was standing next to her. I walked over, a genuine smile on both of our faces and it made me feel good considering our history.

"Hey, fucker." I greeted, pulling her into a hug.

Aubrey giggled, "Hey, dumbass."

The blonde military man took off his aviators and stuck his hand out for me to shake, "I'm Chicago. It's nice to meet you."

I looked at him and his lopsided smile, down at his outstretched hand, locked eyes with Aubrey who just looked away before sucking in a breath and shaking his hand. I hated every second of it.

"Y/n." I told him, sucking in a breath.

"Beca talks about you a lot. You two together?" He asked.

I snorted, wishing I had a drink in my mouth to spit at him. Aubrey gasped a little, probably pissed it wasn't obvious that my sister was with her.

Shaking my head I laughed a little, "No, no that's actually my sister. Who would be dating Aubrey. I'm actually dating Chloe. You know, the cute redhead."

He got a little red in the face and laughed awkwardly, "My bad. Uh, and yeah she's beautiful. I'm sorry, you said Chloe?"

"Yep," I replied, popping the 'P'. "Let me guess.. She didn't mention me?"

Chicago shook his head, "She did. I am just a little surprised. I didn't think you'd be her type."

I could tell by the forced laugh at the end he was trying to joke around and be playful. I wasn't having it. Gritting my teeth, I was trying to pretend that he didn't just say what he said. Thankfully Aubrey cut in and now I wanted nothing more than to see Chloe.

"Alrighty, well I would like to get this show on the road so... what do you say, deep dish pizza? Gonna take us back now or are you two just gonna gaze into each other's eyes?"

— • —

We made it back to the private hotel? House? We made it back and I had never jumped out of the car faster. I would rather be in the car with both Megan, Chloe and my ex than be in that situation again. I followed Aubrey into the establishment, greeting all the girls who were thrilled to see me. Emily basically koala hugged me.

"Nice to see you didn't get roofied at the party." I teased, setting her down and she gently punched my arm.

"Ha ha you're so funny. What are you doing here? What about the tour?" Emily asked.

I chuckled, "Relax. Tour will still continue when you guys are done. I told Kylar I needed to do this and that I was doing it whether he said no. I don't care if the label is mad at me."

Emily smirked, "Just means we got to rock harder."

"Damn right, Junk. Where's Chloe?" I asked the group.