ten - the bottom

ISLA'S POV

After the kiss, Austin and I hung out a little bit longer before he, though it was reluctantly, left. He told me he had to do some virtual interviews for the film. Before he left, he kissed me again and I wasn't any less shocked than the first time.

I decided to clean my apartment, because I had a feeling I would have a certain guest over more than expected. Once it was cleaned, I check my phone and see multiple texts and Instagram notifications. First I go to Instagram.

@austinbutler tagged you in their story

I see myself tagged in the comments of another post so I click on it and it's the same picture

@austinbnews Austin just posted this picture of Isla Dempsey on his story! They were also seen getting coffee together this morning.

@user3200923 I can't believe Austin would date this girl. She's so ugly and her songs are horrible.

@user919039 Isla Dempsey is a terrible person and all her songs are about breakups. I'm sure they'll break up soon enough. If not, she'll just drag him down to the bottom, like she has with all of her exes.

@gabriellamontezstan she's such a slut. probably why austin and vanessa broke up...homewrecker.

Damn. People are brutal. I know that no matter who I'm dating I'll see things like this anyways so it doesn't really get to me. I go to my text notifications. First I open the text from my mom.

momma

How was your date sweetie?

me

it was so good momma

can we talk tonight?

dinner with you and dad at home?

She responds right away, like always.

momma

Yes! Dad and I will make your favorite!

me

ily!

Next, I look at the texts I have from Olivia.

livvy

damn isla

have you seen instagram

it's brutal out there

me

lol yes

nice pun