🍭 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 🍭

4,000 words of ... well, you'll see.
oh, and play the song at the "*", or don't but I listened to it on repeat the whole time i was writing it so-

Jailen

Harry was too charming. It pissed me off.

My sisters loved him, my dad loved him, Jason loved him and even my mom laughed at a few of his jokes.

Not me, though. I was his biggest hater at the moment and I made it known by sitting with my arms folded across my chest the entire dinner. I even offered to clean the dishes just because it meant getting away from Harry for a while.

"Stupid fucking man," I mumbled to myself as I scrubbed the plate, "He's not that funny. Y'all don't have to laugh at everything he fucking says." I sat the plate down in the strainer, not caring about being gentle, "Who even invited him? I didn't!"

"You gotta stop talking to yourself," Jason's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as he entered the kitchen, "Mom's been looking for a reason to send you to the psych ward for a few years now."

I grabbed the towel from beside me and dried my hands as I turned to face him. He hopped up on the counter and I sighed, "Yeah, well, if it gets me out of this damn house, I'll sign myself up."

Jason chuckled and nodded his head to the doorway, "It's that bad, huh?"

"What?"

"The relationship? It's not going well?" He clarified.

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, "It's not really..." I paused. I couldn't tell him that Harry and I weren't actually in a relationship. Were we? I didn't know what the hell we were doing. I couldn't say we were just enjoying each other's company because I hated being around him right now. I shrugged, "It's not too bad, I guess."

Jason snorted, "That doesn't sound convincing at all."

"I just, I don't know, it's weird at the moment," I said, walking over to the table and plopping down in one of the chairs.

"Tell me about it," Jason huffed as he hopped off of the counter and came to sit across from me, "I ain't never seen mom smile that much. Not even when she and dad renewed their vows."

I cackled loudly because I knew it was true. Mom barely cracked a smile that day and I remember it being the funniest thing in the world. Me and Jason made jokes about it the whole ceremony, which resulted in us getting in trouble on the ride home. It was worth it.

"That's true," I nodded and drummed my fingers against the top of the table, "I'm just tired."

"Go to sleep. I'll finish the dishes," Jason offered but I shook my head.

"You literally graduated today, I'm not gonna make you wash the dishes."

"I saw what happened between you and Harry earlier, the pictures and shit, I know you're stressed," he said, referring to what happened at his ceremony, "Plus you bought me M&Ms last night. It's the least I can do."

I debated arguing with him. I debated ignoring him and just finished the dishes anyway but the thought of lying in bed had me raising my hands in surrender and standing up from my chair, "No take-backs."

Jason laughed as I walked out of the kitchen quickly and ran up the stairs. I walked to the end of the hall and pushed my door open, nearly jumping out of my skin when I saw Harry standing in my room.

I didn't say anything as I walked in and shut the door behind me. Harry looked around my room and I suddenly felt embarrassed that I didn't make my bed this morning. In my defense, I didn't expect to have company. He'd just have to deal with it.