Chapter 22

Hobi POV

I was worried when Y/N took a while to come back from the bathroom. Being in a new place with so many sounds, sights, and smells was already putting me on edge, but now that I couldn't quickly locate my person I was even more nervous.

Was she upset at us for how we were with Jin? I knew she probably wouldn't be happy that we weren't very friendly, but maybe she was really mad. Maybe she was mad that Yoongi disappeared for a while. Maybe she was leaving us with Lisa while she escaped out the back door.

Stop it Hobi, you know Y/N wouldn't do that. And look, her phone, wallet, keys, everything is still here at the table.

I calmed myself down, and tried again to look for her. I couldn't locate her by scent since there were too many strong smells in here, and she wasn't making any noise loud enough for me to single out. I briefly noticed Yoongi looking for her too.

After a few seconds, I spotted her just outside the bathrooms... talking to a man. She was frowning, and he looked like he was calmly explaining something to her. Who was this man? Did she know him? It didn't seem like she knew him. What was he saying to her?

Y/N's eyes darted in our direction for a moment, as if she was looking for us too, before her attention was back on the man. After a little while he handed something to her and walked away. I quickly returned my gaze onto the food in front of me.

As Y/N got back to the table she was fiddling with her pocket. It must be the thing the man gave her. She still had a slight frown, but quickly smiled again once Rose offered her a piece of meat she cooked herself.

I tried to breathe in her scent, at least the man was a human, and not another imposter hybrid. I would have to interrogate her later.

Jin POV

"You smell nice"

I rolled my eyes. At least he couldn't smell the pure anxiety I had on me.

"What's wrong?" The other quickly asked.

Dammit.

"Nothing, I just... just didn't make that much today" I mumbled.

I placed the guitar case on the floor, and sat down in front of it, slowly unzipping it and starting to count the money.

"It's not like she would call Hybrid Services or anything. Hell, she'd probably ask you if you wanted to come live with us"

Those words repeated over and over in my mind. The more I heard them in my head, the more I thought about living with Y/N.

Sure, I'd thought about it before. I thought about a lot of potential owners, but Y/N was definitely the most realistic option in my mind. She was kind, she already helped me out and bought me a meal, I was sure she would be an amazing owner.

Yoongi sure looked healthy, the other 2 did as well. I could tell they were very protective over her. A hybrid wouldn't be protective over an owner they didn't like right? She would definitely be taking care of them.

She could take care of us.

No, Jin! You promised you wouldn't invade his home!

I suddenly recalled more of our conversation, Yoongi mentioning them giving her a hard time because she smelt like another hybrid. She smelt like me. Although the thought of that made me very happy, it also made me feel bad that I was the cause of her stress at home. I caused the tension between her family.