57

The next couple days were pretty normal. Colby went back into his normal routine of working. He was hardly ever around which was sad.

I knew we were technically dating but we weren't in a normal relationship by any means.

Colby was trying his best to be a typical boyfriend, but it just didn't feel right.

I knew I was in love but it felt almost weird being in love with someone who hated me so much from the start.

I thought about the beginning days of me being here though. He was always a little off with me.

Sure, he had his moments of being a complete dickhead, calling me his property and shit.

He also paid close attention to me though, getting upset when I wouldn't eat, and making sure I was comfortable most of the time.

I wanted to believe he cared for me from the start and that he was just having to act like a dick for the gang's sake.

Today was the day before our big Halloween party so I was actually downstairs helping the girls make some decorations.

"I can't believe you actually convinced Colby to let us have a Halloween party." Stas said as I focused on the sign I was making.

"It really wasn't hard. He wanted to have a party anyways." I said with a shrug.

"That boy is whipped for you, just admit it." Kat said with a laugh. "He's not whipped! I hardly get what I want." I said and shook my head.

That was partially true. I wanted to go home and see my siblings, I wanted to not be in danger, and  I wanted nothing to do with guns.

None of that mattered to him though.

"Whatever. I'm just glad he listens to you." Tara said as Devyn gasped.

"Our costumes were delivered to the office!" She said with a wide smile. "All of them?" Kat asked as she nodded.

"Nate just texted me. We should go!" Devyn said and bounced up and down excitedly.

"JAKE!!" Tara yelled causing him to run into the room.

"What's going on?! Are you okay?!" He asked frantically.

"Take us to the office, babe. Our Halloween costumes are there." Tara said and stood up, cleaning up the craft she was doing.

"Jesus, dude. You can't scare me like that!" Jake said and put his hand on his chest.

"Sorry, it's just urgent. Like super urgent." Tara said as we all started cleaning up.

"What are you gonna do if they don't fit?" Jake asked as she shook her head. "We'll make them fit." She said then looked at the rest of us.

"Come on!" She said then led the way towards the front door.

It was always funny to me that Tara was so demanding. She was the shortest and smallest out of all of us but would tell everyone what to do and they'd listen.

Well, everyone except Colby.

When we go to the office, Jake brought us to the makeshift bedroom we were all staying in just a week ago.

On one of the beds was a bunch of packages and bags of clothing.

"I'm so excited!" Kat squealed as she skipped over to the bed. "This one is Julia's!" She said then tossed me the open box.

Inside was some angel wings, a halo, and a lace bodysuit.

"That's it?" I asked and picked up, realizing most of the lace was sheer and would cover almost none of my body.