Chapter 46

A week later..

"Mom..?".. he is stuck somewhere in traffic..

"Haan Sidharth?"

"Mom..can you please go and check on Sana?"

"Kyun kya hua?".. she asks .

"I will tell you, ekbar dekh tou lijiye pehle.."

"Haan ruk..".. she walks into the guest room after knocking on her door..

"Sana..?"

"Haan ji..?"

"Beta you are okay?"

"Haan ji.. I am fine..".. she looks dull though..

"Okay baat karle Sidharth se..he is holding.."

"Hmm.."..she seems hesitant..

Mom passes her the phone and walks away..

"Hello?"

He sighs.."Phone kyun nehi utha rahi thi baba?"

She keeps quiet..

"I am sorry! I didn't seriously mean that!".. he sounds restless..

"Nehi nehi! Haq hai aap ka! Ladki hoon na, kya farak parta hai! Sahi hai!"

"Sana aise mat bol yaar! You know I love you..right?!"

"Pata hai, and I also know that I have no rights on my own life because you own it now! My family members shouldn't matter much because I am no more a Gill but a Shukla now!"

"What are you even saying yaar?! I seriously didn't mean to hurt you! I just got a little mad and I always speak rubbish in rage! You know that!"

"Hmm you have the license to do it all! Karte raho..!".. she retaliates..

He leaves a deep exhale..

"Achha you wanted to go out na? Let me come back, we will go there.."

"Rehne do! I am good!".. she doesn't give in..

"Babyyyy....".. he stresses on it..

She is almost on the verge of breaking bad..

"Kaha na sorry! Pleasee baba mood sahi kar abhi.. get ready! We will spend a good evening.."

"Sidharth, seriously mujhe kahi nehi jana.. ghar ajao.."

"Sun na Sana..".. and before he could say anything further, she cuts the call..

****************

He comes back and finds her lying on bed..

She has deliberately switched off the lights and covered herself with a quilt to avoid interactions.

He soon gets freshened up and approaches her to sit next to where she is lying..

"Sana..? Look at me..".. he says while still trying to remove the quilt from her face..

"Kya hai yaar?! Problem kya hai?! Yeh sab nautanki mat karo mere sath abhi!"

"Itna bhadak kyun rahi hai?! Kaha na sorry! Maan ja na!".. he is clearly getting impatient now..

"Mana rahe ho ya order kar rahe ho?!".. she frowns annoyingly..

"Ajeeb musibat hai yaar!".. he tones up a little..

"Sidharth please! Leave me alone now warna bohot ladai ho jayegi! You are losing it as well! Maat karo!"

He sighs and walks out to go to the other room to smoke..