CHAPTER 7

No phones.

No computers.

No TVs.

Minjoo rolled on her bed out of frustration and glared at the ceiling. She didn't know how to kill the boredom that's eating her alive at the moment.

It's been days already since she realized that she is, indeed, in the past. At first, she did not want to believe it. She tried to deny that fact by escaping once again and again and again.

And again.

And all those attempts were a total failure, as expected. Given by the fact that there are a lot of maids in the mansion, Minjoo just accepted her fate and gave up escaping the said mansion.

Everyone was calling her 'Jiyeon' and she's growing accustomed to it. It's not like she can do something to that anyway.

But didn't she want this? To be Jiyeon or be born at the era where Jungwon and Jiyeon exist?

I wished for this, didn't I?

Minjoo sighed, eyes landing on the portrait of 'Jiyeon' that she hung on the wall the other day. She asked the maid who has been accompanying her before about 'her' protrait or any kind of photograph she has and so the servant showed her that.

So Minjoo took that portrait and hung it on her room's wall. It is to remind her that she's in a different era and in a different body.

Jiyeon's body to be exact.

She rises to her feet and walked towards the portrait. It is the same portrait she saw inside the museum that day before the incident that leads her to be here.

The only difference is that the portrait in front of her looks new than the one in the museum. And it's understandable because of the time gap.

Minjoo lifted her hand and touched the portrait, her fingers sliding the delicate paper.

"I'm not supposed to be here. " she sighed. "You're supposed to be the one controlling your body, not me. "

Minjoo isn't sure why she's here. Why the universe let her travel to this era. Is it because it is so done hearing her complain and wishes about wanting to be that woman or at least be born in their era so they granted her wish to be in Jiyeon's body to know what it feels like to be her?

Or they let her be here to witness the love story she admire the most?

Minjoo is not sure but what she's sure is, she is seeing Jiyeon's life. And so far, it is perfect.

Of course, it's the people who were against them anyway.

She thought, rolling her eyes upon remembering Jiyeon and Jungwon's story.

It's the people, the society, were the one who are against them. They are the villain in their story.

Minjoo sighed once again, hand dropping to her side. She walked towards the tall window in her room and looked outside, to the garden in front of the house.

A smile forming on her lips as her gaze landed on a certain spot where she had a real conversation with the Yang Jungwon.