66- pink & red

PINK & RED

↪︎ 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌 light shined upon louis's face, he began to feel the overwhelming pressure of the infamous romantic holiday

↪︎ 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐌 light shined upon louis's face, he began to feel the overwhelming pressure of the infamous romantic holiday. usually louis loves every holiday and counts down the days before the grand day, but this time, he was undeniably nervous. as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he noticed little pink hearts littered around his room, decorating his walls; clearly millie's doing.

this pressure amplified as he awoke because this would be his first year he's ever had someone to celebrate this romantic holiday with besides his group of friends. this other person is you, y/n y/l/n.

the person that has stolen his heart without trying and made him feel happier than he's ever been in his life. sure, louis has had crushes in the past, but no one compared to way you made him feel. you were the light that shined in a room full of sad, melancholy faces.

you make his heart soar into the sky as high as a bird. a blush creeps up his face with a simple look his way, and he wouldn't have it any other way. the common 'honeymoon phase' never seemed to leave the two of you after seven months passed. both of you are still as obsessed with each other as you were in the start of your relationship, and the two of you are inseparable.

louis wanted today to be as perfect as possible, just like any person would for their significant other. he had always watched his friends crumble under the pressure of choosing the perfect gift for their girlfriend and louis had always laughed, but now he knows how they felt. he wanted you to love his gift as much as he loved you, and he felt that it would be nearly impossible to find something that amazing.

so, he settled with the basics. many, many chocolates, stuffed plushies, a gift card to your favorite store, a simple heart charm for you to add to a piece of jewelry, and a card. the card seemed to be the easiest thing to pick out, for it was incredibly straight forward. the words he wrote down in small ink poured straight out of his heart and he was definitely most proud of his confessions of love in his letter.

his hands began to sweat as he got dressed, tying a bit of red into his outfit for some holiday spirit and getting a bit more dolled up than usual. he hoped and prayed that you would love his gifts as he walked down the stairs holding everything as his sister laughed at his nervous face.

it seemed to be the opposite way for you. when you woke up, you nearly forgot it was valentine's day until you saw the few gifts you got louis sitting on your dresser. your daily routine went on like normal, only feeling nervous for a moment as you ran through all the encounters you could have with louis today, even the negative ones because you should be prepared for everything, right?

you had bought louis some chocolates, a necklace he'd been looking at, and a simple card with the most cherished words written in your signature blue ink. as you pulled your converse on, you bid your family goodbye as you left to meet louis outside in his car.

his lopsided grin was gracing his face as you walked to him, holding all of your gifts. upon seeing his face, your own seemed to light up. his presence seemed to bring the best out of you. "happy valentines day love!" you smiled, louis welcoming you into his arms as you set his gifts down in his car.

"happy valentines day darling." he replied, pressing a kiss to your cheek as he reached to the backseat and pulled out all of your gifts. your eyes widened in response, the red blush on your cheeks getting warmer as you saw everything he bought you.

louis turned with the brightest smile you'd ever seen on his face, making your heart warm and happy. you enveloped him in another hug as you saw it all, like all of the emotions you felt would be expressed through this simple act.

"everything you got me puts my gift to shame." you smile as you pick up your gift and set it in front of him. he shook his head, "nonsense, just your existence is enough for me on valentine's day." you put your head down to hide the warmth creeping up your cheeks, resembling the colors of the holiday.

louis's smile grew as he watched you get flustered. he placed his fingers under your chin to place a sweet, gentle kiss on your lips, "you're adorable when you get all flustered." you shake your head with a scoff as he grins at your disagreement.

he reached for the card and you stopped him from ripping it open with a simple, "read it later." of course, he complied, setting it back down in its spot. the two of you stared at each other, simply appreciating one another's presence.

"so, what'd you get me? or should i guess?" you interrupt the silence with a smile, watching as he nods at the latter. you close your eyes as if envisioning the gift, "hmm, is it... a cat?"

he chuckles with a fond smile on his face, making it clear that he was head over heels for you. "i can't believe you got this all for me. you didn't have to, love." he smiled at the pet name as you smiled at your boyfriend, feeling an overwhelming sense of joy.

"i just wanted to show you just how much i love you, and what other way then overwhelming you with gifts?" he jokes as you hold onto a teddy bear, playing with it's arms and legs.

you lean forward and press a kiss against his lips, feeling those familiar sparks in your stomach. it felt like a cage of butterflies were being released and began to flutter in your chest. only louis could make you feel this way, and you wouldn't have it any other way.

"louis you're too sweet. how'd i find someone like you?" you whisper against his lips as his crooked grin appears once more. louis's face turned red as he shook his head, "i'm the lucky one darling." just as you were about to thank him again, he pressed his lips against yours again, stopping you from blabbering on about how you were grateful for finding him.

"i've been worried about this stupid gift for days, i just didn't want to disappoint you. so, i decided it'd be better to go above and beyond." he smiles sheepishly as he confesses his worries. you smile at his worry and press a kiss to his cheek, your hand resting on the side of his neck.

"you could never disappoint me, seriously. i'm thankful to just be able to spend the day with you. you could have gotten me nothing and i still would have been as happy as i am now." you reassure him, rubbing your thumb back and forth on his skin.

louis watched as you continued on, his focus on your lips because he simply wanted to kiss you. he couldn't believe how lucky he was to have you, and the fact that you were happy just because you had him made his heart soar. when you paused to take a breath he pressed his lips against yours, his heart racing faster than it's healthy pace.

he kissed you with so much passion, hoping that you would be able to feel everything he does. louis couldn't put his feelings into words but he just knew you were the one for him. you were his person, forever.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

sar speaks !

i know that it's not even close to v-day, but i just wanted to write something sappy and different. i hope u all liked this and enjoy your day ! love u all so so much, and remember to take care of yourself !!