8. Swim

Me and Conrad arrive back at the house. We go in while I'm holding the muffins. He opens the front door for me and we go inside. I set the muffins on the counter and then I go flop on to the couch and groan.

"Why are you groaning? You barely did shit today" he says with a chuckle

"well staying up till like 2 or 3 am and waking up at 6 doesn't really supply you with the rest you need, does it now" I say rolling my eyes

"Okay yeah you got a point" he says walking over to me. He moves my legs so he can sit down.

"Y/n" he says with nervous tone

"Yeah?" I say while siting up

"I need to tell you something"

"Okay"

"I um, I li-"he gets cut off by the door ringing

I know who's ringing the doorbell. And since it's a surprise I'm gonna go get it.

"I'll get that"

He nods at me with a slightly sad expression on his face. I'm confused I mean what was so important that made him look like he got heart broken 5 million times....wait- I got pulled out of my thought by the doorbell ringing again. I open the door to see the car delivery person(idk what it's called).He smiled at me and asked me to fill out some sheet for the car. I did and then he gave me the keys. I went outside to see it.

It was a light cream 1972 Cadillac with black interior aka my dream car

It was a light cream 1972 Cadillac with black interior aka my dream car. I squealed with excitement. This was also Conrad's dream car so I know for sure he's gonna ask to drive it. Me and Conrad have been obsessed with older cars ever since we were younger. I go inside the car and park it somewhere else so the others can't see it.

I went back inside to see Conrad playing some video games. I go put the keys somewhere where no one can find it and then I go sit next to him.

"What was that about" he asks me

"Oh just...the neighbors asking if we've seen their dog" i lied

"Okay?" He says not really believing me

"I'm gonna go for a swim" I say walking towards the stairs

"Oo can I come" he says putting down the controller

"Yeah why not" I say

I go upstairs and put on my swimsuit

I go back downstairs and wait for Conrad

'Wtf is taking him so long' I think

Conrad's POV

I go upstairs to change and realize I'll be a nervous wreck if I see y/n. What am I gonna say? Oh this is gonna be so awkward, but wouldn't it be weird if I'm nervous. I mean we've gone swimming with each other before, but that was when I had a small crush on her not a massive one. Ugh, why is this so hard!? She's my best friend I'm supposed to be comfortable with her. Not that I'm not comfortable with her things have changed, and she hasn't brought up last night. What if she didn't want to kiss me? What if she was just drunk? What if she just felt like kissing someone?

I got knocked out of my thoughts to y/n yelling.

"CONRAD WHATS TAKING YOU SO LONG"

"Uh shit," he mumbles under his breath "COMING"

I go downstairs and see y/n, she's really changed this summer, I think while admiring her

Y/n's POV

Conrad comes down and just starts staring at me. Ngl i felt very self conscious about myself. Like why was he just staring at me.

"You good Connie?"

"Uh yeah, yeah I'm fine" he stutters

Okay that's weird. I shake off my thoughts and go outside and dive into the pool. Conrad joins me shortly after. we splash each other and we just overall annoy each other in a friendly way of course. we took a little break from that since we laughed so much, to the point our stomachs started to hurt.

"God i missed this" he sighs with a smile plastered on his face

"Yeah me too" i say looking at him with a smile plastered on my face as well

3rd person POV

A comfortable silence surround's the two as they look deeply into each others eyes. The sun glistening off of the water, the birds chirping, the faint noise of waves crashing in the distance. it was perfect. So perfect that the two didn't realize that they were inching closer and closer to each other by the second. once what was a foot away became an inch away from both of them to express their love for each other with a passionate kiss. well all good things must come to an end since Jeremiah and steven came home from work and Jeremiah established their presence with a honk. The two pull away from each other, again. they both knew what they were doing but they didn't know that the other truly had feelings for the other. now what was a comfortable silence became an awkward one filled with tension.

Jeremiah's POV

As i walk in the house i see Conrad and Y/n pull away from each other. Oh I'm so gonna talk to Conrad about this.

869 words

A/n~ Sorry i haven't updated in a while i was on vacation. And thank you guys so so so much for over 600 reads it means a lot to me considering this book was only supposed to be for fun. I hope you guys are liking this story so far. Also if you have any suggestions for future chapters i would gladly take them into consideration or include them:)