The whisper of words at night

A whisper at night

A whisper in the night

Came to my ear

Like a sound of the clock

That chimed every single hour

But kept me close to the door

That unlocked the key to my heart.

A night to remember

A night to remember continued to come just like clock work

But falling for you may have never been planned but it was something that I was happy that happened.

But the night of us was the one at prom I wanted to remember and even if it was once a song inside of a HighSchool musical I still envisioned every part of that night even if it was going to take place in a time of the past but feeling the love like it was a forever story turned out to just be a mystery inside of a dream but life has never been something I ever wanted to forget but the butterflies made me believe in the fairytales that I began to think would happen.

Life may have seemed like it happened so fast then ended so quickly but that is how I felt about the past and where it began so fast only to end at the last minute.

But getting to know the real me again touched me in more ways than I could have ever admitted but loving the heart of me of the little girl that could have never opened that book to write herself a story began to be a part of the truth that only lived to never see the light of day until the last night came from the day I had to say goodbye to my past except for I was not ever ready to say goodbye to you.

A night to remember that came from the books of the stories I began to write about when I first went to prom in middle school except it would have been more special to have gone with friends who cared about me and to even have a slow dance with you but the mirror had never gotten to show the glass it only saw the other part of the story but my dreams had taken the script and turned them all into words where now it was not just about words that could pick my brain but having to tell one each time out of everyday.

A night to remember that the story of my heart was broken and the sun was so beautiful and bright but the view I was looking at was the stars above the dance floor but the disco ball above the spotlight of me and my soul that was the red rose of the flower in the story that was as dripping down blood from your tuxedo and the eyes that were blue just like the moon became the one of the photograph of the filter in the picture that you sent me that you took and I was just like the filter except for me it was a field of rose petals that were covering me with the dreams inside of my dreamcatcher and looking for a way out to the world instead of just looking for the end of the heartbeat that only seemed to be the love that had spoken everything to me and it made me believe that it was more to me and you.

A night caught with the sounds of the stories and reached my heart without ever having to look twice and to touch the world with the tears that fell down my eyes but kept them in a bottle of the ocean that felt just moonlight drops of rain.

A night to sleep

Waiting for the day to come

As I whisked away from the sleep the lyrics felt like soundproof to me

And every cry was a melody that only you and I could know because you have seen my face wet before as I heard the sounds of others talking but it was all a whisper and I was just getting over.

The day of the dreams may have caught the words that you had always told me

Not to cry but to dream

Not to question but to speak

Not to say but not to worry

Not to be but to see

The words of my story that

Are close to my heart

Of being me.

The roses may have told their fairytale

Like new but the dreams only savored the other truth of being just with you

And now the only thing standing between the stars and you were only just the way you had looked at me and finally keeping me like I was found and even in the world were my dreams felt just like a heart locket but coming to grips with who I was had not washed away along with the ocean underneath the blue skies of the sun.

The moon may have told the heart

Like a truth but never once did I get

To tell you the full story that came to you

But without a doubt I knew that one day when I did leave you I would eventfully come looking for you and then out of nowhere it was nothing but your thoughts that became my hearts point of view where until time it was like a lasting peace to remember the days of my life.

But keeping it all together until I was locked inside of a lockbox and the keys came from the right lane and the memory of the day where we both walked into the streets and only loved until I knew it could be you and it was the last time of the night I had caught the dreams as the night was going by.

Hitting up the social media

Like it was a language to finding the end of the story that kept on being the one that had me keep thinking about all of the life inside of photographs that I was missing and love became my first and only dream but it was never just about me and even if the stars were aligned it was always deja vu from the first moment you had met me too but even the butterfly was a night to remember.

She kept checking her phone and email,

wishing someone would make contact

But nothing ever came it was like she had to wait until it was the actually day before they both could reunite and come to terms with their brand new life and as fate would have they were both still trying to accomplish it.

She had to find the necklace, before

Before her heart had left without ever thinking that she would say goodbye to the dreams that hopefully would never get away because all she wanted to do was to get away and go back to the one that did get away but that would one day stay and keep up her thoughts like they were a record of lyrics playing ear to ear with just a loop that kept coming play by play but that never seem to last further than the rest of the day.

The poet in me

The poet in me

Knows the story at with words

Shines like the light even if it hurts

But love has come at me quickly letting me know that it is still with me coming in from all sides and covering me with wings to fly all the love I got back with him he still is calling me the dream with a wish and he never fails to give me one final word or even a kiss with me at midnight while he still holds me in his arms to love to keep to fall to breathe to wish to believe to want to be only with him in my dreams.

He looked at me with love

He looked at me and I loved him for how he was with me and never let go when there was sadness dripping down from the tears that counted to ten past the midnight that only looked at with those eyes and then he called me his flower when the scene of us came to a stop and I found myself looking up to the empty sky and only trying to find the star inside of the moonlight that completed the story from the sun as I shined once it hit me like a rainbow.

You decided to love me as more than friends and I took the turn when the traffic light turned green even though sometimes we were at yellow or orange and then sometimes we were at red of roses.

You may have looked at me with all of the time in the world

But walking past with the footsteps as the aisle was still dripping with daylight

And rose petals that fell of my car

Inside the shape of a heart.

He still held my feelings

Like he was hiding behind

The moon.