Chapter 6

When I've finished the work i was given, I get up and walk over to Sam's office. Still very careful that I might fall.

When I walk, there is a clothing rack filled with cardigans and skirts. The kind I wear.

"Sit down, Miss Jones."

I walk over to the chair and take a seat. I don't know why but I'm holding my breath. He looks angry.

"There is something we should be clear on" he says. "I do things differently at Anderson's Corporation. You don't need to be in a suit and tie to work here. Understood?"

I nod even though I have no idea what he is talking about.

He smiles. "I don't think you do. What I mean Miss Jones is that you should wear what you're comfortable in."

He points to the clothing rack. "Pick whichever you like and please change. I can't have you working like that."

My mouth drops open. Did he just go out and buy all those clothes for me. "You didn't have to do that, honestly I could take care of myself."

"I'm sure you could but a thank you will do."

I feel a blush coming so I stand and walk over to the clothing rack to hid it. Things only get worse though because I trip just as I get close to the rack.

Sam is immediately by my side, helping me up. "You okay, Miss Jones?"

I nod. That's just great. To save myself from embarrassment, I happened to embarrass myself more.

"You should take off those shoes" he says while still holding onto me. I reach down and take them off.

He lets me go once the pumps are off and walks over to his desk and pulls out a pair of converse shoes from his drawer. "Here take these."

I try really hard not to smile but I can't help it so I smile. He smiles back in response as I turn around grabbing the clothes to leave and change.

When I get to my cabin, I realise I didn't thank him. I slam my head against the desk a few times only to notice that Sam is watching me from the other side of the glass panel.

"Crap Vi. You're gonna humiliate yourself so much if you keep at it" I say quietly to myself.

I walk over to the bathroom in my cabin and change. I examine myself in the mirror. I look like myself. My old self.

When I open the door and step out, I accidentally bump into Sam and fall but he grabs me by the hips before I hit the ground.

He pulls me up. A grin spreading across his face.

"Looks like you have a habit of falling and here I was thinking it was because of the shoes."

"It's not the shoes, it's you." The minute I say it, I bite my tongue. Did I really just say that?

"Me? I don't quite understand" he says.

"Well not you per say.... But...I...well...it's just that this normally doesn't happen however it's happening at your office."

"And yes, I know instead of making things better I'm only making them worse."

"Personally I don't mind, sometimes being clumsy is cute" he says as he turns toward my desk.

Did he just compliment me?

Wait it's only a compliment if he said beautiful. It's not like I'm ten anymore. Who says cute now? Argh I don't know.

"This folder should be delivered to McKenzie by tomorrow afternoon, make sure the quotations are all throughly checked"

"Yes sir."