CHAPTER EIGHTY THREE

"Augustus?"

No mistake, she looks just like him.

She is still pointing her knife at me

"How did you know my brother?"

Brother.... I see, that's why I can see their resemblance

Should I tell her that I'm her brother's friend? Or her brother is working at the ducal's state as a knight?

"Your brother is a friend of mine, he worked as a knight in the ducal's state," I said

She slowly put her knife down

"Are you that girl?"

"What?"

"That my brother always talked about! He said that he meet the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, it was like love at first sight even though his first approach is so disrespectful."

"Love at first sight?"

"Yup, he said it four years ago."

In the original novel, Augustus fell in love with Thalia, it's also love at first sight

"But he's gone, one day I woke up and a guy told me that he's dead."

"A guy?"

"Yup! A guy with a coat and a horse, last night he gave me a pocket full of coins! I even bought bread with it." She said

"Oh, my bad! It's rude to make the visitor stand at the door, come in and have a seat! Let's share this bread I bought." She grabbed a chair for me to sit down

I smiled, I sat down and she gave a bread

"Thank you," I bow to her

"Oh, no, don't bow to me, I'm just a commoner." She said

"Why?"

"I read it in the book and I noticed no one is bowing their head on the commoners."

"I see,"

"Anyway, may I know your name? I know you're not a commoner even though you dressed like one,"

"How would you know?"

"Your purple eyes! My brother said he was mesmerized by looking into those eyes, and that emerald hair, it looks so good on you. He also told me he worked as a knight in the ducal's state, he often come back here with some food and money for me. He also told me that you're a noble."

"You must've loved your brother so much,"

"I do! He's always taken care of me since I was just a child. Our parents left us, mom has a new family after dad died. She must've lived a good life now."

"I'm sorry,"

She ate the bread and smiled at me

"Anyway, I heard you saw children disappearing in this village,"

She sighs, "You also think I'm a crazy child."

"No, I believe you, Zian."

"You do?"

I nod, "Just tell me everything."

"We were playing outside when suddenly a huge snake come at us, she grabbed them one by one and they disappeared. I was shocked and ran away and told the people I saw it, they followed me and soon we got there, it was gone, with no traces. It's not the first time that happened, many children here disappeared ready, I don't remember when but I have a bad feeling about that snake."

I thought for a while, that if she stays here she'll be treated as an outcast and there's a possibility that the snake might also get her. But if she come along with me, I could protect her.

"Zian, would you like to come to the ducal's state with me?"