65- night sky

NIGHT SKY

↪︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖 radiating from a building was your only comfort in the night sky

↪︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐖 radiating from a building was your only comfort in the night sky. the city surrounded you as you sat, warm tears gliding down your face. you didn't bother wiping them away, knowing that more would follow. the dazzling stars sparkled above, practically teasing you.

you wished you could be high in the sky, without a care in the world about what people thought about you; the one thing that led you to this spot. you sat on a chair placed near a window, gazing out the clear pane and at the night sky. it brought you slight comfort as you attempted to let your mind travel to other places.

a sniffle sounded from besides you, breaking the peace that had taken you so long to reach. you wiped your nose and leaned back, hoping they couldn't see you sitting by a window miserably. the shadow of a person sitting down with their head in their hands startled you, yet comforted you at the same time.

it felt good to know that you weren't the only person sitting upstairs at a booming party wishing that you were anywhere but here. your body seemed to move faster then your brain because you were standing behind him before you knew it. you swallowed your nerves and opened your mouth, hoping your voice doesn't crack due to your crying.

"is this seat taken?" you say softly, his head perking up at the sound of your voice. "uh.. no, go ahead." he replies, his hands raising to wipe at his face. a beat of silence passes before you open your mouth again, "don't wanna be here either, huh?"

he forces out a laugh, shaking his head at the ground, "you could say that." you nod in understanding before turning to him, "i'm sorry for intruding on you. i uh- was over there and decided to.. help a fellow party crier?" you statement comes out more like a question as he smiled slightly; the largest he's genuinely smiled all night.

"doesn't matter," he breaths out, sniffling slightly, "i was trying to stop crying anyway." you drop your head at that, feeling a sudden wave of guilt pass you.

you wouldn't have wanted him to go and disturb you while tears were running down your face, so why did you go for him? he just seemed so intriguing, and you wanted to comfort him but you couldn't tell why. besides, how could a broken person fix another broken person?

"it's good to cry you know. it's better to just let it out then keep it in... believe me." you respond, looking down at your dirt-covered blue converse. he shrugs his shoulders with another sigh, "that's what my mum used to tell me."

a chuckle escaped from you as you turned towards the boy, "do i remind you of your mum?" he turned with confusion spread across his face, "course not." a smile crawled up your face as you stared at him, suddenly overwhelmed by his beauty. sure, he had been crying and you could faintly see his puffy, red eyes, but he was so... pretty.

"if you don't mind telling me, why were you crying?" he broke the silence, a sense of dread filling your chest. "well, to put it simply, i sort of feel useless." you begin to feel tears prick at your eyes, begging to be released. they were an ocean pressing against broken glass, nearly shattering the pane into pieces.

he nodded, wiping his nose with the back of his hand, "i know what you mean. i'm sorry you feel that way. maybe... never mind." he trails off, causing you to lift your head in wonder. "please, tell me." you mutter, scooting your body closer to the mysterious boy.

you place your hand on top of his, hoping to bring some comfort. he inhales and opens his mouth, his brain screaming for him to be quiet and walk away and abandon you in this spot. but his heart told him he should stay, that you could be good for him and you could help each other. he decided to trust the latter.

"maybe we could.. help each other. we could be useless together and be friends. friends that.. comfort each other. almost like therapists." he admits, his head turning to face you.

you felt a smile creep up your face as you let his words sink in. he seemed to be the only kind person you've met at a party; the first person that cared. you felt content for the first time that day, like you had found treasure you didn't even know you were looking for.

"i'd like that. but i think i'll have to know your name mystery boy. i'm y/n." you introduced yourself, watching as he grinned, "louis. my name's louis."

you stood up, brushing off your pants as he stared at you, a confused grin on his face. you mirrored his smile, trying to remember every wrinkle surrounding his mouth and his cute dimples.

"well come on, let's go be useless together."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

sar speaks !

hi everyone !! this imagine is a bit darker and gloomy than my usuals but i wanted to try something different and honestly a bit more relatable. thank u all for being so patient with me and my writing, i love you all and remember to take care of yourselves </3