4 ~ Yeet the Heavy Sleeper

Yuu was the first to rise, which made sense, seeing how heavy of a sleeper Leona could be. Her eyelids fluttered groggily and it took her a second to fully gain consciousness and recall why she wasn't in her dormitory.

The first thing she noticed was the heavy weight on her shoulder, and then it all came flooding back to her. She sat motionlessly, taking a bit to just think about how pleasant yesterday had been, her cheeks turning darker shades of pink with each passing second.

After allowing herself a moment to sit in reverie, she carefully moved her arm that wasn't trapped towards her phone. It was 4:24 in the morning and most of her texts were from Lilia.

She let a soft chuckle escape her before sending back a thumbs up

She let a soft chuckle escape her before sending back a thumbs up. Lilia responded with a 'glad you aren't dead'—as to why he was up at four in the morning, Yuu assumed he had been up all night gaming again.

"Mmm." The weight next to her shifted as Leona stirred, letting out soft groans as he woke himself up. "What am I...oh."

His body tensed up, but he didn't remove his head from Yuu's shoulder. "Good morning," Yuu said gently. "Are you still tired?"

"Yeah," he yawned, "mind if I nap on you a little longer?" Leona didn't wait for an answer before collapsing back into unconsciousness, his body relaxing once more and his breath steadying out.

Yuu waited a moment before tapping her head back onto his and texting Lilia that she likely won't be heading back to the dorm any time soon. She then shut her eyes and tried to grab a bit more sleep before it was time to wake up.

It was about 6:00 when she arose once again, and this time she couldn't bring herself to fall back asleep. However, she also couldn't bring herself to move Leona. Physically, she could, but she would feel bad to interrupt when he was sleeping so peacefully and gently.

'Wait a minute...' Her thoughts began to fully clear of any sleep fog. 'If someone sees the two of us here like this, won't they assume we're in a romantic relationship?'

Yuu felt her heartbeat quicken and her face flush. It wasn't an appalling thought to her by any means, but she would hate to inconvenience Leona and damage their friendship, especially after the nice conversation they'd had the night before. Sure, there was lots of teasing and jokes, but there were sprinkles of seriousness in their discussion as well. She felt like she had seen a new side of Leona, and really didn't want to lose it.

As she was sitting on the bench in a silent panic, she began to hear loud footsteps. The owner of them was none other than Jack Howl, a Savanaclaw freshman, likely out on a morning run.

The school year had only recently started so Yuu didn't know much about him, but from her frequent visits to Savanaclaw, he seemed to be a nice enough guy. He also seemed to be the type to be shy around girls, though that doesn't have much to do with anything.

She beckoned him over and his eyes widened at the sight of his Housewarden laying on someone's shoulder, but he quickly jogged towards them. "Good morning," he greeted politely, though he didn't even try to hide his incredulous expression.

"Good morning, Jack. I'm sorry to bother you this early in the morning, but... I've got a bit of a dilemma here," she explained, gesturing to Leona. "Y'see, your Housewarden has decided to use me as a pillow and I'd like to move, but I don't wanna wake him."

He crossed his arms and watched Leona for a few moments, who showed no variations in breathing nor signs of waking up any time soon. Jack's brows furrowed in thought. "As much as I'd like to help, I honestly don't see anything I can do that you can't. I'm really sorry."

"Haha, it's alright... I'll just..." Yuu trailed off as she tried nudging Leona to the side. He let out a soft grunt, and though he was asleep, it was clear that he had no intention of moving.

Yuu let out a sigh of defeat. "I'll just get notes for today's classes from my friends or something..."

Jack blankly stared at Leona for a few moments before grabbing him slowly by the shoulders. He then proceeded to basically toss him to the other side of the bench.

"Ah—careful!" Yuu let out a yelp of surprise, but Leona didn't wake up. He shifted around a bit, making Yuu and Jack hold their breath in anticipation, but he fell back into his deep sleep.

Jack and Yuu stared at each other with wide eyes for a moment until Yuu broke the silence by bursting into laughter (but trying to still stay quiet so as to not wake Leona). "Thanks, Jack!"

He laughed awkwardly. "It's no problem. Do you need help with anything else?" Yuu shook her head, still giggling. "Is there any way I can pay you back? I can get you an energy drink or something to fuel your workout..."

"Don't worry about it, I'm just about to head back to the dorms. I'm sorry our Housewarden inconvenienced you like this..." Jack's look of curiosity returned once again.

Yuu stood up and stretched, taking a deep breath before suggesting, "Why don't I walk you to your dorm?" Jack shook his head and began to protest, but Yuu put a hand on his shoulder. "We can jog, if you'd like. We're headed to the same place, anyway! ...And I'll tell you how I ended up in that situation in the first place."

"...Alright. You can tell me on the way."