Death

-The person I grew attracted to ended up being a queen.

A sentence like that crossed his mind. Well, she was technically a queen candidate.

"A phrase like 'queen candidate' has such an erotic feeling to it."

"I reaaaally don't know what that's all about, but I'm talking seriously."

"Waaaah, such a cold gaze is making me tingle... As one would expect from a queen. Don't look at me as if I'm a lowly pig!"

"I'm not looking at you in such a horrible way, okay? I wish you wouldn't say things like that, Subaru!"

Subaru threw himself down onto the table, trembling a bit, the rebuke of the very close-by beauty causing him to writhe in agony. So that he could hide his facial expression, he laid face-down on the table, but his heart was actually pounding hard, expressing his true feelings.

In any case, he didn't want Emilia to see the pathetic look he had on his face now.

The Queen Candidate... If he were to be frank, other than the stuff he was familiar with in games and manga, he had no idea how a despotic world where kings ruled at the top worked.

Nevertheless, when it came to the potential ruler of a nation, he knew that such a person was one that was far-removed from the masses.

Not to mention that Subaru didn't even have a family register in this world. To put it in a nutshell, he was in a position to be discredited from even being placed into the same category as the masses.

"dont worry just follow our plan and everything will be fine..." said echidna

"oh shut up!" said subaru

his audacious feelings of love being quickly shot down, but knowing Emilia's status on top of her being beautiful really knocked him down a notch.

He had no doubt that it was like climbing to the top of a space elevator with his bare hands.

"hey, she wasn't supposed to be a queen! We made her that for you" said satella

"well now she is unreachable for me" said subaru

"dont give up so easily" yelled minerva

"man this days" said sekhmet

"Hold on, are you okay, Subaru? You became silent all the sudden, so..."

When he raised his teary-eyed face, Emilia was reflected in his blurred field of vision. It seemed like she was looking down at him with concern with her amethyst eyes.

Her skin was as white as untainted snow, and the sound she emitted from her thin pink lips was as lovely as a silver bell.

It felt like she was an existence that seemed oh so distant, someone he couldn't reach no matter how far he went.

"...Here goes."

Unable to take it anymore, Subaru tightly embraced the girl, who was right beside him.

"...E?"

"Wooooow, so petite. And sooo soffft, too. Oh, this smell is just amazing."