𝟏𝟔 | 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞

𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐞
ᵗᵒ ᶜʰᵃʳᵐ ᵒʳ ᵉⁿᶜʰᵃⁿᵗ

- 𝘔𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 -

___________

The light was blinding. It was an unclear visual of a tunnel that flashes before death. But Mia was running towards it to escape death. Not to be greeted by him standing tall with an axe.

Her fears were short lived. Rays of hope crossed her mind and flashed brighter before her eyes. And she ran with all she had.

It was moments before her feet were off the ground. Strong arms wrapped around her, protecting, shielding her from bad things. She nuzzled her face in the crook of his neck. He smelt of the forest and looked like dark mountains.

All angels didn't look pure. Some looked deadly. Viktor was one of those magnificent creatures roaming the heart of Earth.

"It's okay," cooed the voice so low that it felt like a tingle of wind on Mia's neck.

"I got you." She knew. She believed this man from the very beginning for reasons she couldn't explain. She might have never vocalized it, but it was evident.

She clung to him tighter. She'd dissolve into him if it was possible. She slowly started hearing all the noise she had blocked out before. People shouting in the back. Cars. Flashing lights. She wanted nothing more then to hear Viktor's deep soothing voice, to crawl further into his warmth and disappear.

Viktor noticed the way Mia pulled him tighter. Her body was shaking and she was freezing.

Viktor shouted some instructions behind and walked to his car with his bride wrapped up in his arms.

He could practically feel the heat the girl in his arms was radiating. Mia's heart was a beating drum. She had a hard time believing Viktor had got her and she was safe.

It all felt like a bad dream. Perhaps more like the scary part of a fairytale where the prince charming comes in and saves the day. But instead of her prince charming, came in a brooding dark figure on a black horse who'd change her fate completely.

In amidst or her anxious thoughts, Mia realized they were moving. She tightened her grip on Viktor's neck. Viktor stopped briefly for a second.

"Are you uncomfortable?" He whispered in her ear. His warm breath tingled Mia's flushed ears and neck.

Mia shook her head. Although she was shaken by the incident prior Viktor's arrival, his voice soothed her racing heart.

Viktor carried her to his car. One of his men on the spot rushed to open the door for him. He carefully ducked Mia's head and sat down on the leather seat with her on his lap.