Jam

Violet P.O.V

Sitting across from Charlie I watch as he cleans his shotgun.

"Hey, I got you another one." Bella walks into the dinning room placing a beer in front of Charlie before looking to me, making sure I'm eating the soup she made me. Smiling I tilt forward the bowl to show her it's empty making her smile.

"Thanks." Charlie says blowing down the barrel.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen." My eyes snap to Charlie to see his reaction.

"He's a little old for you isn't he?" I snicker at Charlie's answer earning a glare from Bella.

"No. He's a junior, I'm a junior." I watch her shrug nonchalantly, "I thought you liked the Cullens?"

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." Charlie reaches over grabbing his beer.

Bella shakes her head, "Edward doesn't live in town... technically."

I chuckle, "Technically they live on the outskirts." Bella furrows her brows at me in confusion but I just shrug considering I never did tell Bella anything about what happened in the woods with the vampires.... or Jasper. It's was hard having this secret between us, about the Cullens but it also kept Bella in the dark about me and that's how it needs to be.

Bella watches Charlie put down his beer before saying, "He's right outside."

Charlie looks up at her, "He is?"

Bella nods, "Yeah, he wanted to meet you..officially."

"Alright," Charlie says as he whips his shotgun up to snap the barrel back into place, "Bring him in."

Bella looks at me pleadingly but I couldn't stop chuckling at Charlie's actions.

Bella reaches forward placing her hand on Charlie's arm, "Could you be nice, he-he is important."

Charlie reaches up and motioned to his face with his finger making Bella nod and go to collect Edward. Charlie looks to me, "Don't I look nice?"

I smile, "Of course you do. Nicest person I've ever met."

Charlie gives me a side smile before standing up to face Edward.

"Chief Swan." Edward greats him before looking to me, "Violet." I smile and give him a little wave, "I wanted to formally introduce myself, I'm Edward Cullen." Charlie reaches out to shake his hand, "Hi Edward."

"Bella won't be out too late tonight she's just going to play baseball with my family."

"Baseball?" Charlie looks at me raising his eyebrow and I shrug smiling.

"Yes sir that's the plan."

"Bella's gonna play baseball..well.. good luck with that."

I put my hand up to my face to try and conceal the chuckles that slipped but Bella was quick to playfully glare her eyes at me.

"I'll take good care of her I promise. Also the invitations out to Violet if she would like to join also?" I watch Bella as she quickly turns towards Edward in what appears to be shock and I turn my gaze to him also, "Oh no thank you but thank you for inviting me." I say quickly before I can even think.

"Are you sure? I know my parents won't mind and my sisters and brothers would love to have you there."

What's he playing at?

"I'm sure. Thank you."

I look to Bella who still looks confused at Edwards invite but leads him away anyway.