Chapter Thirty-One

Katy's POV

I whipped my head back, I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash. I was met with a face that I really didn't want to see.

"Aw baby are you ok?" She took a few steps towards me.

"Just peachy Atlanta." I mumbled sarcastically.

"Come here please." She motioned for me to hug her.

"I'd rather not." I replied, as Kevin sighed from beside me.

She put her arms down immediately. "Oh. Well are you staying here tonight?" She asked quietly.

"Yes mother she is." Kevin answered for me. I gave him a small smile. It feels good to have a brother.

"Really?" Atlanta's eyes lit up. Kevin and I just nodded.

Jordan's POV

I ran into the pack house, in hopes to find Katy's scent.

'HAS ANYONE SEEN KATY?!' I yelled through the pack link.

All I got was wimpers 'No alpha' and 'No sir.' To sum it up no had seen Katy. WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MATE!?

'Katy?' I searched for her through the mind-link.

'What?' She answered. I sighed in relief.

'Where are you?' I asked.

'Somewhere safe.' She replied bluntly.

'Please come home baby.' I pleaded as tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, and I'm an alpha.

'Tomorrow.'

'Please now, other wise I'm going to end up going something that I'm going to regret.' I begged.

'I can't, I just can't.' Was all she said before she ended the link.

I punched the wall in frustration. "Fuck!" I cursed and ran a hand through my hair.

Katy's POV (The next morning)

"Thanks for letting me stay, and being there for me when I needed you Kev." I said as I pulled him into a hug.

"What are brothers for?" He said as we both pulled back.

I smiled and shifted. I began running to the Midnight Moon pack.

....

The pack house suddenly came into view. I shifted back to human and took a deep breathe before walking slowly towards the house. Suddenly the door of the pack house flew open. There stood a very angry and upset alpha.

"Katy." He said softly, and ran towards me. He pulled me into a hug to which I didn't return, not that he seemed to mind considering he didn't let me go.

"I was so worried." He mumbled into my hair.

"I'm so sorry. I am a poor excuse for a mate. I know I don't deserve you, but I do love you very much Katy Rose." He whispered with shame. It made my heart ache to see my mate like that.

"No your not Jordan. It's not your fault, you should be the father of Julie. She can't live her life thinking it was all a lie. What happen to me is going to happen to her if you don't become her father." I sighed.

"Katy I ca-." I cute him off before he finished of the sentence.

"Don't say you can't, because you can. Ashton will have a little sister to look after and protect from all the boys." I gave him a small smile.

"You really are the best thing that has ever happened to me." He said as he moved a strand of hair behind my ear. "But I hope that one day we have pups of our own."

"Me too, me too." I said as I rested my head on his shoulders, and wrapped my arms around his torso, while his were securely on my waist.

"MUMMY!" I heard a yell from behind Jordan. I unwrapped my arms from Jordan and stepped aside to the voice I knew oh so well.

"Ashyyy!" I yelled back. I opened my arms for Ashton to run into. He jumped into my arms and wrapped his tiny hands around my neck.

"I missed you so much mummy! I haven't seen you in ages, why did you leave me?" He asked sadly, making my heart break.

"Ashy I missed you too! It doesn't matter where I was because now I'm back and I'm not leaving you." I said and played a kiss on his cheek.

"Hey Ash guess what?" I changed the topic.

"What?" He asked curiously.

"You going to have a younger sister soon." I exclaimed.

"Really?! Is she in your tummy?" His eyes beamed with excitement.

"No sweet, she's 3 years old and Jordan and I adopted her." I said with a small smile, trying to hide the hurt that was evident in my eyes.

Jordan must've noticed, as I could feel him tense up beside me.

"I don't want her to be my sister then." Ashton huffed.

"Ashton. Don't ever say that again, that's very bad and rude." I scold him.

"But it's true." Ashton said quietly.

"Ashton." I warned.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"See Katy maybe it's best we don't adopt her." Jordan sighed.

"Jordan don't even think about it." I said as I put Ashton down and walked inside of the pack house, leaving both Jordan and Ashton together.

I bust the pack doors open and all eyes were suddenly on me.

"What?" I growled in frustration. Everyone looked away one by one.

I made my way towards the kitchen. I opened up the fridge and pulled out a beer. I looked out the sliding doors and saw everyone training. I couldn't get rid of the smile that was on my face. Maybe my life is getting better, it's not exactly easy but I guess what they say is true 'All in good time.'

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone beside me spoke.

"What are you smiling about?" Cal asked me, his face emotionless as always. To say I'm surpired is an understatement, he has never really made an effort to talk to me, if anything his been blunt to me.

"Just missed this place." I lie.

"If you're going to lie, at least learn how to." Cal said and stormed off. Not even that ruined my mood, because the smile was still on my face.

I looked out at all the pups that were training, and my smile grew even wider, that I probably looked like a mad man. I snapped out of my daze and took a large gulp of the beer.

It feels good to not have a single care in the world.

______

I know I haven't updated in ages! I'm sorry..

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

- Strictly Confidential