【 Mother knows best 】Chapter 1

"My son, you are so beautiful! When you are older you will be crowned more lovely than any woman in our village and sacrificed as a bride to our deity as a gift! Honestly I could dress you like a doll all day long with such lovely hair. We must grow it out as long as we can!" a woman gushed brushing the hair of a 10 year old boy who sat quietly looking out a window. The boy's house was big and he had many servants but his mother was always obsessed over clothing and doing his hair.

"Mother, I beg that you let me outside for only a few minutes please. I want to play with the other boys." the young boy said, almost whispering. His mother gritted her teeth and pulled his hair back aggressively making him bend back to look at her face. He yelped in pain and tears were forming in his eyes as he looked at his angered mother.

"Stupid stupid boy! You would risk getting a scratch on your face and letting the sun damage your skin! Stupid stupid!" She shouted pulling his hair harshly the boy only could silently cry and wait for her tantrum to be over.

"Mother, please forgive me! I'm sorry I won't ask again!" He shouted as his mother let go and gave a smile gently caressing her son's face.

"I forgive you now dont cry you'll redden your eyes I love you my dear." She kissed his cheek and left the room happily leaving the boy to dry his tears gazing outside.

He saw the children playing with sticks and dolls. One of the children noticed the boy and blushed looking at him.

"You girl in the window, what's your name?!" he clasped his hands together shouting. The boy looked side to side and then pointed at himself. "Yes you, what's your name!" he shouted once more.

"Um, I'm Itsuki (Y/n) and I'm a boy!" (Y/n) shouted back from his window. The other boy was shocked and embarrassed.

"You're joking! Are you really a boy?!" He shouted. (Y/n) nodded his head laughing.

"Stupid boy you should be able to tell the difference!" (Y/n) pointed still laughing.

"Dont call me stupid its really rude! And come outside so we can talk normally!" he shouted again. (Y/n) was hesitant but nodded his head closing the window. He quietly walked down grabbing a teal paper parasol and for the first time he stepped out of his estate meeting up with the boy.

"Why are you carrying a parasol like a lady?" the boy asked.

"Mother says the sun will ruin one's complexion and the sun should never touch one's skin or you'll turn ugly." (Y/n) said, crossing his arms holding the heavy parasol.

"Oh really? I think I look okay and I'm in the sun every day!" He smiled walking with (Y/n).

"I guess anyways what's your name? You've never told me." (Y/n) said tilting his head.

"My name is Suzuki Haru. Nice to meet you. Let me carry your parasol for you. You seem to be struggling, it's hard to watch." Haru said, taking the parasol from him, holding it above his head to shadow him from the sun.

"Thank you. I'm quite weak. My mother says I need to stay inside and not do anything strenuous so as to not roughen my hands." (Y/n) quoted once more.

"You repeat a lot of what your mother says." Haru said, confused.

"Of course my mothers words are law! If not followed, she'll punish me greatly!" (Y/n) looked offended at Haru.

"Really my mom just scolds me if I don't follow her rules. And isn't one of her rules not to leave your home?" Haru asked and (Y/n) looked down.

"Yes it is but I wanted to be outside for once in my life. And I'll be heading home now. It's very hot out here even in the shade I'm burning up!" (Y/n) sighed, turning to face his estate.