Chapter 30: Mission

Chapter 30

I woke up today at the suns rays illuminating my face. I checked my bedside clock seeing it was only eight in the morning, I smiled and literally jumped out of bed with excitement, Steve must be waiting for me. Knowing how polite he is and his gentleman manners, he must've been up for hours waiting for me.

I showered and dressed quickly, I hurried fast and was out of my apartment door to face Steve's. I knocked lightly and waited till he finally opened up. I was greeted by his smile and his kind manners letting me inside.

"I thought..." I started as I walked through his small living place. "Before we get started I thought we could go out have some breakfast!"

"Sure!" He smiled, "Why not!"

"Then let's go Steve!" I grabbed him by his hand and led him out the building back into the SUV. I can't hide my excitement today, it's inevitable. I have no idea why it is that's woke up in such a great mood. "I know this little place near Stark Tower where we could go!"

"Stark Tower?" He questioned.

"Yeah! My dad build this Tower, it's more like an office and sort of our home at the same time, there's this nice restaurant with tables outside to enjoy the weather!"

"Sounds great!" His smile reassuring. I returned the gesture and put my eyes back in the rode. The ride wasn't as long as I thought, since mostly we drove in silence. I would've tried to make conversation with Steve, but he just seems so closed up. At the same time, I can understand why. He's literally the man out of time. Everything must be so strange for him and the fact that he has to deal with it alone is very sad, but that's why I'm here, but still I'll find a way for him to open up.

"Table for two please!" I smiled to an energetic blonde waitress.

"With pleasure Miss Stark! Right this way!" She smiled and led the way through the various tables. As Steve and I followed the waitress to our designated table, many of the people in their tables took second looks and gasps as we passed through. I smiled and still followed Steve. "Here we are Miss Stark!" The waitress said and left the menus on the table. "Anything to drink at the moment." She got her notepad and pen ready.

"Yes um.. I'll have an orange juice and water." I looked up to her giving my order.

She wrote it down quickly, "You sir?"

"I'll have the same ma'am." Steve nodded towards the waitress.

"I'll be right back with your drinks!" The waitress smiled and walked away.

"You seem very well known Athena." Steve said and picked up his menu.

"Yeah..." I skim through the menu, "I just happen to be the daughter of a genius billionaire." I sarcastically add.

I hear Steve laughs and I look up from my menu to smile. He has all of these cute moments that come to me as a surprise. The waitress returns with ours drinks and takes our orders for our meals. In the mean time while we wait take my phone out.

"Ah this place has free Wifi!" I take a moment to log into Stark Industries to check what I've missed so far.

"Wifi?" Steve questions. "Radio?"

"No it's uh.. Um..." I'm loss at words. How do I explain what the Internet is? "Wifi it's like a free hot spot or network that lets you navigate the Internet..."

He blinks a few times, I think I just confused him more. "The Internet is a basically this global system that has the whole world in the palm of your hands..." I show him my cellphone. "This is my cellphone, it's like a telephone, but I can take it with me anywhere, call, send a text message which is typing a little message and sending it to anyone, and I can also use the Internet and search for whatever I want to know about." I hand him my phone and he studies it. His eyes quirk up when he touches something on the screen and he deliberately drops my phone on the table.