→ 𝙞𝙞𝙞.

---------------------------------------------

"IT'S LIKE THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS." NANCY LET OUT, THE GROUP SURROUNDING THE CHANDELIER OF THE CREEL HOME, IT LIGHTING UP SHAKILY. "The Christmas lights?" Robin asked, very confused at the reference. "Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life." Nancy whispered, Lucas' head tilting. "Vecna's here. In this house." He spoke, Dustin watching him continue. "Just on the other side." Everyone watched the chandelier die out quickly. "I think he just left the room." Robin let out softly, Max panicking. "Did he hear us?" She asked, Steve meeting her eyes. "Can he see us?" He asked, Lucas looking to Max quickly. "Headphones." He reminded, the girl putting them on rapidly.

Her favourite song started playing faintly, Nancy looking at the chandelier. "Wait, wait. Everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out." Nancy ordered, everyone but Steve complying as he stood stunned. "We're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flashlights..." Steve trailed off, watching everyone ignore him. "Jesus Christ." He cursed, turning his light off. "I got him." Robin called, everyone rushing over to where she was. Her flashlight quickly switched off, the girl huffing. "I... had him." She spoke, Steve cursing once his flashlight turned on. "Oh, woah! He's moving." Steve spoke, everyone following him as they walked up the stairs. "Shit. I lost him." He let out, Max moving forward. "No, you didn't." Everyone watched her open  a door, a light flickering inside.

"It's an attic. Of course it's an attic." Robin let out softly as she followed Steve, the boy following Max. The rest of the group followed the three, Dustin sticking by the door. "Hold up, guys. What if he's leading us into a trap?" He asked, no one listening to him. "Guys? Guys. Shit." He repeated to himself, forced to follow everyone to the attic.

––––––☆––––––

"MY LEGS HURT." SEB WHINED IN A WHISPER, EDDIE TOO PANICKED TO LISTEN. He panted as he watched the boys search the house opposite. "Dude, he's not here, seriously." One teammate complained, Seb stretching out his legs as carefully as he could. Jason rubbed his chin, the three boys being here all day. "Shut up and keep looking." He ordered, Patrick in a different room. Jason stared out the window at a building they hadn't searched, Eddie pushing Seb down by the top of his head. "Dustin?" His other hand gripped the radio, ignoring Seb's grunt of disgust. "Please. Are... Are you there?" Seb held his head as he watched Eddie crawl past him. "Never mind." Eddie spoke, nodding to Seb.

"Help me, mind man." He ordered, Seb scoffing before moving forward slowly. Patrick mindlessly swung his baseball bat throughout his hands, leaning into a dark room tiredly. A clock chimed, the boy flinching before turning slowly. The same clock that he had been hearing for the past week. "Come with me." Jason made the boy jump, clamping a hand on his shoulder. He had seen Seb's back, believing it was Eddie. "Hurry up!" Eddie whisper yelled, Seb huffing. "I've never sailed a boat before!" Seb spoke, using Steve's oar to try his best to sail away as Eddie tried the engine. "Holy shit." Jason let out, the two boys seeing the duo in the middle of the lake. "Hey, Freak!" Seb flinched at the voice, Eddie tensing. "Where do you think you're going?" Jason yelled, Eddie's face dropping once the two watched Jason get ready to jump in.