𝟎𝟎𝟗 || Parley motherfucker

Standing in a square with Heizou facing you and two other guys on each side, you held two swords at the strangers who did the same to you and your new partner, the reddish haired detective holding a blade and for some reason a crossbow

Standing in a square with Heizou facing you and two other guys on each side, you held two swords at the strangers who did the same to you and your new partner, the reddish haired detective holding a blade and for some reason a crossbow. Each of you had two weapons pointed at you and each were also the one threatening another.

In the middle of you — a goat.

You might wonder how you got yourself into such a situation, and most importantly, what the goat was doing. And to explain the odds, we have to take a look into what happened mere hours before.

"You've gotta be kidding me" you muttered once Heizou had told you about the case he was recently working on. It was soon that you regretted your decision of making a deal with Heizou, thinking that you'd have to figure out about who stole the golden town chicken, though things proved to be a bit more complicated when the male handed you files of a murder case.

"Matsumoto Chihiro, 23, male, strangled to death and found at the beach near inazuma city after apparently being thrown into the ocean" you summarized the information you've got, Heizou nodding along your words.

"I've got that case not long ago and didn't get to investigate it till now"

"...you were on vacation on watatsumi island"

"Like I said, I didn't had any time to spare," the male said, pointing up a finger and shamelessly grinning, "And now that you are here, it's a perfect opportunity to start"

You stared at him with wide eyes, thinking about the worst-case-scenario that could happen when investigating in a murder case. You've seen enough police series in your life to know that murderer didn't actually liked it when people were figuring them out.

Getting rid of that thought, you let out a sigh and skimmed through the files once again about the personal data.

"Ok, then let's get over with this. Seems like this Matsumoto guy didn't had any close relatives, so let's see what we can get out of his neighbors"

"I like your intuition, [ y/n ]" snapping his fingers, the two of you set off to the deceased's house, discovering that he, in fact, only had one neighbor for that he lived a bit offside.