Prologue

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Tejasswi unlocked the door with her keys and came inside the house. It was 10:30 at night. She knew her parents would be awake still she didn't want to disturb them by ringing the bell. She opened her shoes and kept her bag and stethoscope on the centre table and poured herself a glass of water.

Dr.Tejasswi Prakash , cardiologist in one of the leading hospitals in Mumbai , life was simple for her. Her work , parents and her brother who was currently working in Tampa. That's her world. Her small world.

"When did you come beta?" She was drinking the water when she heard her father's voice.

She kept the glass on the table and smiled widely at her father.

"Just now papa...." She went and gave him a side hug.

"Go freshen up and let's have dinner...." Her father said lovingly and she nodded softly and went upstairs.

She came down in half an hour and helped her mother serve the dinner. Once everything was ready at the table , the three of them sat for dinner.

"Beta me and your mom wanted to discuss something with you...." Her father said warmly.

"Ji papa...." She asked looking at them.

"There is a rishta for you...." Her mom said smiling softly.

"Mumma...." She wanted to say something but didn't know how to put it.

"Beta i know it is overwhelming....but we both think this is the right time....you are 29....settled in career....and we are not asking you to get married immediately....but there is nothing wrong to meet someone....it will take time to find the right person...." Her father said lovingly.

She nodded a little. She has never said no to her parents and she knew they would want the best for her.

"Do you have someone in your life then you can tell us...." Her mother asked softly.

"No mumma....nothing like that....i will meet whoever you will ask me to meet...." She said politely.

"Okay then I will talk to them and let them know and ask them to come over to meet you...." Her father said with a smile.

She nodded and resumed eating.

"Atleast show her a photo of him...." Her mother rolled her eyes at her father.

"Arrey she might have seen him....if not search him up....Karan Kundrra...." Her father resumed eating.

"The actor?hain?" Teja looked up from her plate to them in shock.

Both her parents nodded.

"Papa....mumma....i...." She fumbled to form a sentence. "Papa how can i marry an actor?i mean...." She said slowly.

"Why?actors don't get married?" Her mother rolled her eyes. "What has got profession to do with marriage?you need to like the person to get married not his profession...."

She didn't say anything else. Although she didn't quite agree with her mother. Other profession won't matter while getting married but someone who is an actor would definitely matter.

*****

Karan got out of his car as he reached the airport and was greeted by the paps and the flashes of their camera. He smiled warmly at them , had a friendly talk and posed for them before moving ahead. He was the happiest today. His family was coming to visit him. The thought itself was making him smile like a kid.

He literally ran and hugged his mother as soon as he saw them coming out.

"Mumma...." He squealed like a happy baby and cuddled her as his father, sisters , jiju and nephews chuckled seeing his excitement.

"Oh hello even we are here...." His eldest sister Poonam rolled her eyes and he finally left his mom and hugged the rest of them.

They went out and settled in two cars , one driven by Parvez and other by him.

They reached his place and everyone looked around. It was his new house and they were coming here for the first time.

"It's super cool mamu...." His youngest nephew Veer smiled happily seeing the swimming pool in the balcony.

Karan smiled widely seeing his house filled with laughter and noise. Finally the house felt like home.

They all chilled for sometime after freshening up and then they all sat for dinner and took Madhu on video call. She was the only one in the family not present there and was in Punjab.

"Madhu please come fast....we are missing you...." Karan gave her a flying kiss before disconnecting the call and dug into his plate of naan and butter chicken.

After dinner they all scattered in the lounge. His nephews were playing video games in the PSP and Karan was showing his jiju some car that he had liked and was planning on buying.

"Stop wasting your money idiot...." His father threw a cushion at him making an angry face and Karan immediately sat straight.

"Stop troubling my bacchhaa...." His mom frowned at his father making Karan smile like a kid.

"Bacchhaa nahi hai yeh....batao ise Teja ke bare mein...." His father said rolling his eyes.

"Kaun teja?" Karan frowned.

His mother looked at him and smiled.

"Teja as in Tejasswi....Dr.Tejasswi....beta....we were thinking about your marriage...." His mother said softly.

"Hain?marriage?why suddenly?" Karan straightened up and everyone looked at him keenly.

"You are 37 Sunny....it is time for you to settle down in life....first of all tell us are you dating someone?" Poonam asked him seriously.

"No di...." He answered honestly.

"She is a very nice girl....her brother Pratik is our neighbour in Tampa for the last couple of years....he is a very nice kid....a very close friend to Bharat and Arjun....we met his parents once when they visited Tampa....Tejasswi didn't come because she had work....she is a cardiologist here....very sweet and polite girl....she had spoken to Bharat and arjun and they say that she is sensible....so i suggested mumma papa to talk to uncle aunty regarding that....if you agree we will let them know that we would want to meet her...." Poonam said lovingly and Karan looked at his jiju who nodded gesturing that it was a good decision.

"Okay...." He smiled. He trusted his family and he had no reason to say no. He was single for more than a couple of years and he did feel alone.

"Arjun forward Teja's picture to Sunny...." Poonam said loudly to Arjun and he did it immediately.

Karan didn't check his phone. His entire family was sitting there and he felt awkward to check a girl's photo like that.

"See...." Meenu poked him and gestured at the phone.

"Shut up...." He rolled his eyes and continued to chat with his jiju.

In half an hour everyone went to their respective rooms. He went to his room and sat in the swing at the balcony. He smiled softly as the breeze hit his face. The bandra worli sea link standing against the night sky.

He unlocked his phone and opened watsapp. He opened Arjun's chat and there was the picture. He could feel his breath hitch seeing her. Her hair was open and she had a soft smile. And Karan could swear on anything that she had the prettiest eyes he had ever seen. Something in her was peaceful. Something in her was serene. He didn't know that he had a smile on his face as well seeing her picture. Her smile was that infectious.

NOTE: Thanks to G(editbyg on twitter) for making the cover of the story. Thanks a lot kiddo.
I hope you guys like the story. A new concept , a new journey. Happy reading.