48| Dream

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Dream

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 48: Dream (Jules's POV)

Throughout the night, all I could do was either stare at Christian or gawk at our engagement ring like I was seeing it for the first time. Luckily, we made it to the venue in time and Alex wasn't able to pick another bone with Christian. I would never understand what went wrong between those two. 

"I can't believe the wedding is tomorrow," Naomi exhaled, "another martini, please," she requested at the stand-up bar in the corner where we were talking. 

"Maybe you should hold back on the martinis, Naomi," I chuckled, "I don't think your rehearsal dinner and engagement party are the best place for a little liquid courage." 

She shot me a pointed look. "Don't tell Alex." 

"My lips are sealed," I nodded, clinking my glass with hers before taking a sip, my eyebrows shooting up as she downed her entire drink. "Naomi—" 

"Naomi." We both looked over as Alex walked over. 

She set her glass down on the counter quickly, flashing him a grin. "Hey, babe." 

He glanced at the empty glass and then at her. "Don't come to me when you're too drunk to tell left from right," he mused, cracking a grin. 

"I won't. I'll come to you when I can't tell right from left," she teased, placing a chaste kiss on his cheek before turning to me. "I'll leave you both to it." 

"Me?" I asked in confusion. 

"He wanted to talk to you," she shrugged before slipping away. 

Alex took her place, standing with me at the bar. 

"Congratulations, brother," I sang, glancing at his ring. "I bet you're more excited than Naomi, you just don't want to show it." 

"Of course, I'm more excited than Naomi. I've wanted to marry her since the damn day I met her," he snickered. 

I bit back a smile. "So, what's up?" 

"It's about Christian." 

My smile fell as I rolled my eyes. "Alex, come on." 

"Jules, I'm telling you something's not right. He's—" 

"He's the man I fell in love with, Alex. And everything is just fine, he's right for me. Whatever happened between you two... Let. It. Go." I glared at him. "I mean it. And if you can't, then at least pretend to be okay with him. But don't talk shit about my fiancé anymore." 

He sighed, "He's been your fiancé for two years now. Last I checked, you were ready to marry him in a day. What happened? Did I miss the invite?" he asked sarcastically. 

"Don't pick a fight with me on your engagement night. Whatever it is, whoever he is, it's between him and me. It has nothing to do with you. Why do you hate him so much anyway?"