𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 || 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

THE REST OF THE PRACTICE NIGHT WENT SMOOTHLYat least, that's what Kenzo thought.

After covering his disappearance to Mao and Anzu and returning to the impatient second-years, he had managed to push back Rei's conversation into the back of his mind as he continued helping out the members of TrickStar.

"Makoto," He pointed out for almost the fifteenth time tonight, and the blonde flinched. "You look troubled, and you're not focusing. You need to be single-minded on your performance before you even grab another's attention too."

Makoto sighed, avoiding his upperclassman's gaze as he nodded quietly before going back to practice, his friend Mao shooting him a troubled look.

Once they called for another break, Makoto announced that he was going to go on a run— which nobody could blame him. He was looking out of it.

"Hey, where's Ukki?" Subaru brought up. "It's been two hours since he said he was going running."

"Now that you mention it..."

"He's probably still running," Mao cut Hokuto off. "Anyway, I'm going to buy something to drink."

Subaru shot up a hand. "Sari, buy me something too!"

"Sure, sure."

"Ah, I'll help you!" Anzu followed Mao out of the room, leaving the two second-years and Kenzo alone.

The third-year let out a worried sigh, shaking his smile. "Was I too harsh on Makoto-kun? Waah~ gomen..."

Subaru panicked at his sudden change of mood. "I-it's fine Zo-Zo! Don't be so down!"

Hokuto nodded, sitting down next to Subaru. "Even him would agree that your suggestions were really needed. Thanks, senpai."

"No problem," Kenzo said with a worried smile.

He did seem self-conscious of himself even before I started helping...

Well, I guess everybody's their own worst critic.

Mao and Anzu came back a few minutes later with water bottles and fortunately with Makoto as well, much to the group's relief. "Oh, welcome back! All four came back!"

Mao looked confused. "All four...?"

Kenzo looked at the fourth person who had followed the trio into the room, and he choked on his water bottle, spluttering.

A haughty-looking third-year stood a few meters apart from the rest, a hand on his hip and his blue eyes severely questioning. His gaze drifted onto Makoto, and he waved. "Yuu-kun."

The blonde yelped and jumped, causing the other student to sigh. "You look like you've just seen a ghost, super annoying~"

"Hey, what's up with you?" Mao questioned, his eyebrows furrowed.

Izumi Sena stared at him, and rolled his eyes, smirking. "Can the extras just back off? Worm~"

Hokuto and Subaru sneaked over to Makoto. "Do you know him, Yuuki?"

The blonde sweatdropped. "This is the 'troublesome person' I was talking about. He's Izumi Sena from Knights. For some reason, he's bugged me like this for as long as I've known him."

Izumi chuckled. "I was just trying to cheer on one of my fellow cute classmates." His icy blue gaze drifted around, landing on Kenzo. The third-year avoided his gaze. "Well speak of the devil~ another precious friend is here... Oi, oi, who do you think you are going near him?" Reprimanding Anzu, who walked over to her cousin, glared back at him indignantly.