cheater cheater... | steve harrington / eddie munson

you gave steve a second chance. the first time, he left you to "better himself" even though he was partying with nancy every other weekend while you were miserable. but that was more than over a year ago and he's been such a great person now. he's never been as attentive as he is now and he apologized for everything that's happened. and you can tell that all his attention is truly yours and you're happy.

but then eddie munson told you that he'd like to see tonight. you had a "thing" with eddie on your break with steve but it was honestly nothing more than flirting. you occasionally spoke to him and made comments about seeing him but never actually did.

yet, after no contact, a year later and he's asking to see you. you hated to admit that you were tempted. eddie freaking munson. you knew he only wanted you for one thing but damn if you didn't want to just.. take it for a test run.

you couldn't do that to steve though. despite everything that happened and it honestly still hurting every so often, you know he's changed. he's caring, loving and understanding. he always wants to be with you and finds ways to hang out with you. it's sweet, really.

but eddie fucking munson.

the telephone rang in both the living room and your room. you picked up first.

"hello? this is y/n."

"just the person i was hoping for," he said softly. even the sound of his voice was something else.

you cover the telephone and pulled it away from your ear. you shook your head. get it together, you love steve. you don't want to ruin this for something temporary.

you are not a cheater but you were damn good at destroying the good things you had in life. you were in a constant battle with your mind and your heart. don't do this but it's funnnn. don't do that but what if i regret it?

"hey eddie," you replied cooly even though your heart was beating quickly.

"i love the way you say my name," he replied. you could imagine him smiling and those stupid little dimples popping up on his face.

"i say it just like anyone else. what do you want?" you asked him. you knew what he wanted. why would you even entertain the conversation?

"to see you." he said and then you heard some shuffling, "i've been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to leave harrington already. i mean, he's a cool guy and all but gooooood he's so boring." he yawned, "so i figured i might as well take you out if your misery before it's too late."

you felt a small urge to argue with him. steve was not boring.

"you're wrong. i'm perfectly happy, eddie."

"then why are we still here a year later?" he had brought the phone so close to his lips that you felt as if he were right behind you. chills went down your spine.

"we aren't nowhere eddie. i have to go,"

"i'll be there in 10, bye y/n."

"what? no eddie," you got up from your seat and paced back and forth. no.

"bye y/n. see you soon," and then he hung up.

"fuck fuck fuck," you sighed. why were you stressing out? and why were there butterflies in your stomach. and why were you looking for something to wear?

eddie fucking munson that's why.

daaaaaaamn. what would you do? part two depends on ur comments 🫣