⚾︎| chapter thirty five

KELANI PARKER
hey, you! don't be a silent reader:)
(This is the longest chapter that I've written there's going to be a lot going on too. take your time reading and I love you all <3)

I finish curling the last strand of my brown hair and set the curling iron down for Coco to use next. I grab hairspray and flick off the cap.

"Finally, you're finished," She walks into the restroom. "You take forever long!" I snort at her comment.

I spray the hairspray only on a few pieces of hair, I absolutely hate the feeling of hairspray. "You can't rush beauty." I blow a little kiss and walk out my restroom and into my room staring at the dress I'm going to wear tonight.

Tonight, is awards for college baseball and I'm really nervous, God I'm not the one receiving an award. The thing I'm nervous about is sitting with the worst people in the universe. Blake, Riley and Jules.

I shiver at the thought of it.

I turn on my bright white vanity lights and sit down in my fluffy white chair. Someone knocks on my bedroom door, "Come in." I say putting light pink clips in my hair.

Christian comes in with dress pants and a belt but no shirt. God. He then wraps his arms around my shoulders.

What does he want? When he does this, he wants something.

"Do we have to go?" He complained. Bingo.

"Yes." I say popping the top back onto my foundation before answering him. "Why?" He whines plopping himself on my bed, that I just made.

"Why can't we just stay home and-" His voice becomes more deeper but Coco cuts him off.

"I'm in here! Please don't talk about your sex life right now." She yells out through the closed door.

I look at Christian through the mirror and see him smirking. "You didn't even know what I was going to say!" He yells back. "I was going to say why can't we just stay home and watch movies."

I roll my eyes at him. He knows damn well he was going to talk about something dirty. "Whatever, go away!" She laughs.

He sits up and comes over to me again. "You already look pretty, Lani." He kisses me on the head not wanting to mess up my makeup. "I guess I should go get ready?"

I look at the time on my phone, "7:10" I yell out the time as he exits my bedroom. I know he heard me.

I finish up my mascara, the part that takes ages because I love my lashes long. I get up from my chair and walk over to my bed and pick up my dress.

Coco walks out of the bathroom with my curling iron in her hand setting it down on my vanity, "Girl, you're going to outshine everyone with that dress." She claps her hands excitedly.

I laugh and show her a white sequined mid-thigh dress. It is absolutely skintight, but it will be gorgeous once it gets on.

I've always been insecure about my body since Blake but something about what Christian told me last night made just not care what people think.

He kisses every single scar I didn't cover up. I mean every single one. "Oh, don't do that, you're so perfect, baby." He kisses another. "So, fucking perfect." He looks up at me. I'm in love with him. So, in love with him.

"You're beautiful, love." He kisses me again, more intimately this time.

But something in me always gets excited about events like these. I adore dressing up and getting ready to go somewhere.