Chapter 7: Cats > Humans

A/N: Aug 25. 2022

Hey Homies! I've got some exciting news :) my BxB story "The Fall of the System #3" has just been released as a paperback 🎉 You can grab a copy on Amazon. The link is in my Wattpad or Instagram bio!

I also made a Tiktok & Pinterest account dedicated to my stories. If you want to follow me there, here are my usernames:

Tiktok: ij_hidee
Pinterest: ij_hidee

If you comment "Oliver" on my latest tiktok video, I'll reply with "loves cat." It'll be our private joke ;)

You'll understand the once you read this chapter 😂⬇️

✏✏✏

Camilia wanted to talk to me privately and shooed Oliver out the door. He said he'd wait for me in the parking lot. As soon as the door closed behind him, Camilia's eyes darted to me.

"How did you do it?" she asked, and I blinked at her blankly.

"Pardon?"

"How did you get Oliver out of his house?"

"I told him that you wanted to see us."

She marched toward me, grabbing my shoulders. "You don't understand. That man won't leave his house even if it were infested with cockroaches!"

My brows pulled together.

"And I can't believe you convinced him to do an interview!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "Donuts! How did I not think of that?"

She smiled at me brightly. "Hiring you had to be the best decision ever. I saw that you were one of the best assistants in our company and was surprised when I heard that you wouldn't be working for Aaron Schiller anymore. How did that happen?"

I ran a hand through my hair and then rubbed the nape of my neck. "It was mutual. Our chemistry didn't match."

Or rather, we matched too well.

"Well, he definitely let you slip out of his hands."

I forced a polite smile. "May I ask why you asked me to stay? I don't want to keep Oliver waiting."

"Oh right, of course. Firstly, I want to apologize."

"Apologize?" I echoed.

"For any inconvenience Oliver has brought upon you. I know he can be a handful, but it's just the way he is. I've been working for him for years, and I know how he can be sometimes. He's not used to being around people, but just try to remember that he isn't a bad man," she said with a small smile.

"Yes, I can tell he is a good person. He even helped me find my phone in the bar."

Her long lashes fluttered. "The bar?"

I stiffened but it was already too late.

"Did you two go to a bar?" she asked in a rushed voice, and I had no other choice but to explain what happened that night. She leaned against the desk, running a hand through her hair as she stared into the abyss. "Unbelievable," she breathed. "You actually managed to get Oliver to a bar."

I didn't know what was so impressive about that but Camilia spoke as if I had managed to do the impossible.

Her eyes flickered toward me. "And you said he took his car to pick you up?"

"Yes, in his yellow Twingo."

"He absolutely hates driving."

His batmobile? Strange. I didn't get the impression that he hated driving.