Chapter Fourteen

AUTHOR: GUYS PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE! PLEASE VOTE! IT HELPS ME AS AN AUTHOR! PLEASE VOTE!

He walks into the office; I immediately stand up and follow after him as I place his coffee on his desk. He looks up at me, I smile softly before turning back to my desk to get along with these stupid pro-bono work. Jake knocks on his door, slipping inside. "You asked for me, Adonis." I open the next case file, feeling his eyes digging into my skin.

"Take all the case files from Moores desk, she's working with me on the Adam Case." My eyes widen, I snap my head to look at Adonis as he sips his coffee.

"Seriously?" I whisper in shock, after two weeks of finally working on nothing but pro bono cases, he's finally letting me help on a real case.

"I like the way you think Moore, I read the case files and you filed them well. Jake." Jake rushes to my desk, stacking the case files before leaving the room. Adonis stands up and walks to the window of the view with a pen. Then he writes, "our aim is to get Adam out of jail, after being sentenced for murder for the life of his Girlfriend, Margot Stuart." He writes the names down.

I stand up to get a closer look before leaning on his desk, "we have three suspects. Her mother, Alexandra Stuart. Her best friend, Claudia Garret and her lawyer, Steven Bliss." I raise a brow. He turns to face me.

"Her lawyer?" I asked.

"His automobile was sitting out front for a couple of hours before the murder." He taped a black-and-white photograph of a tall man exiting his car. It appears to have been taken from the CCTV cameras. I stand up, I reached Adonis' shoulders. I examine the image.

This is going to be a long day.

"I don't understand, what was her Lawyer doing there?" Adonis hides a sneaky smile before settling down onto his chair, Jake re-enters the room with coffee and food.

"That is what we are going to find out, get settled Catherine. We have a long day ahead of us."

After several hours, the once-clear glass now has writing all over it, obscuring the city view. Coffees and lunch were served to us.

Surprisingly, Adonis is a wonderful person to work with; he listens and does not simply blast whatever I say back down.

When I'm writing down the essential evidence beneath each photo so we can get a clear judgement of the storey, I sometimes feel him staring at me and we'd lock eyes sometimes.

I smile at him.

The hours and work got so bad that I took off my heels and he took off his blazer, I stuck another footage picture of Margot Stuart exiting the car with her lawyer.

We were both all over the place, standing in different corners of the room, pen marks all over our hands.

My eyes widen as we both step back, I figured it out..."what do you think happened? You go first." Adonis asks me, resting on the back of his desk. His arms crossed over his chest.