Welcome a bit of Memory Lane, Kalego-kun!

-I'm sorry my lighting(power is out) is just awful today and with flash gave it a horrible glare-I'll post a better picture of it on my insta

A/N: Alrighty with this done (just a bit more of background filler) I'm happy to state the Story shall be continuing on with the Battler Party next chapter! Hope you all enjoy this though! I'm trying to create a backbone to the 'why' some things will develop as it is instead of just suddenly throwing it in-hence the extensive Irumi and Kalego-questioning-the-state-of-his-mind-crisis. Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 45;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her connection to her mother will be cause to many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger! Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

Walking along the middle of the stone-paved path, tall bushes and other shrubbery towered on either side of Irumi and Kalego as the taller demon guided her to the garden she was so fascinated with from the ballroom window. Steadily, all around them, the plant life changed from leafy greenery to towering cacti. Its stems and arms spread out, shading the pair from the Netherworld's glaring sun as it reached high into the sky. Blooms are flowering, wafting a gentle, sweet fragrance into the air intermingling with the distant smell of roses.

For the fifth time, Irumi's eyes strayed, away from the path, away from her feet, and the tall succulents surrounding her. Drawn to the lifelike statues tucked away, the slightest bit concealed by the plant life that wrapped the stone in an almost protective manner. Most of these particular statues depict a woman with three canines around her. Sometimes the canines were three large dogs, sometimes it was two puppies in her arms and a full-grown one at her side.

She slowed to a stop, not noticing Kalego had also halted, glaring at the same statue she was captivated with- the barest hint of pain lighting within his eyes. "Sir...?" Rumi chanced, her curiosity boiling over at this point. This statue was far more well-kept than all the others, the white marble seem to glow as the warm sunlight enveloped it. The demoness was seated on a bench, eyes closed and hair undone, flowing down her back as her small horns stood proudly atop either side of her head. The carved marble looked so lifelike as if it was truly a breathing woman seated just ten feet away from the two of them. With two puppies curled up on her lap, one quite a bit smaller than the other with a full-grown three-headed canine seated by her feet. The three-headed dog's lips were curled into a snarl-showing off its sharp teeth with hackles raised in silent warning not to come close to the peaceful woman and the pups in her grasp.

Irumi's eyes studied the black marble of the dogs in their contrast to the glowing white that made up the woman. Found herself all the more intrigued by this work of art. Though it was giving her the sense that this was a very private piece. Especially as she turned her focus to the silent man at her side. His jaw was noticeably tense as he stared at the garden statue.