11.) Suspicious Minds

Why can't you see
What you're doing to me
When you don't believe a word I say?
—————————————

Austin's POV

My eyes fluttered open to the sunlight beaming in through the window. I squinted a bit due to the brightness.

Last night was perfect. Everything went exactly how I thought it would. Nia looked absolutely stunning as always, the Film Fest went smoothly and everyone loved 'Elvis'.

I couldn't be more proud of everything that happened last night. Especially the fact that now Nia and I are public.

I haven't really been open with her. Physically I show her how I feel about her but not verbally and I think it's time for her to know.

It's always hard for me to express myself verbally and I think she noticed that by now. Nia is definitely the one I want to be with. Even in this short time I haven't felt so happy and it's not something I'll second guess.

Today will be the day I'll ask her to be my girlfriend, there's no doubt in my mind.

Rubbing my eyes, I notice Shania is not in bed. I look around and she's not in the room in general.

I sat up a bit, the air hitting my bare chest. I ran my fingers through my hair.

My phone went off on the nightstand near the bed and I looked over.

It was Vanessa.

I huffed and picked up my phone.

Nessa: The movers are coming tomorrow, the house is yours

I read the text and furrowed my eyebrows.

I never wanted the house. I'm getting my own spot, I'll gather my things whenever I come back.

I responded and threw my phone to the side.

As of right now, Vanessa and I are getting out of the house we owned for years. I was the first to get this process in motion. I want to move on and get past this.

I didn't deserve what happened to me and she didn't deserve my love and care.

I'm more than happy to hear that things are being pushing along.

Yawning as I get out of bed lazily, I look over to the corner of the room and her luggage was not there. The only thing that remained was her bag.

Maybe she moved it to the closet?

It was normal for Shania to be up before me sometimes. I'm always the one to sleep in.

I shrugged it off and headed to the bathroom. As I opened the door, the mirror was still sort of foggy so she probably just left the shower not too long ago.

I wipe my hand on the mirror, looking at myself in the streak I created.

Just express yourself... she already clearly feels the same.
——————————

Shania's POV

I was in the living room and I just closed up my luggage. I put everything back into it and was ready to leave.

I didn't want to be here anymore. I didn't want to see him. I wanted to go back home.

I'm tired of being treated like shit. Treated like a object. Treated like I don't have feelings too. I never deserved to be just used and thrown away.

Austin really rebounded with me and did all this shit just so he can show Vanessa how much he's moved on or something. To shove it in her face at my expense.