Rhadamanthus

Chapter 16

"I don't like lying to Tanah and the others." Thorn mumbled for the umpteenth time as he sunk further into his seat next to Solar. The latter rolled his eyes.

"I heard you the first five times."

"I'm just saying... maybe it's a bad idea. We should just head straight to the station." Thorn insisted, "We might get karma for lying!"

Solar held back a sigh, "Do you want to help Blaze or not?"

"Of course I do!"

"Then we're doing this. We'll only take a quick look at this planet, and check for a power sphere named RevBot." Solar said typing away on the controls of their space pod, "Once we confirm he's harmless, Blaze would finally have his head in the game and be done with all the future none sense."

"But... what if he's dangerous?"

"Then we contain him and make sure he stays dormant forever."

"That's kind of... harsh."

"Look, if he's one of those power spheres we can't reason with, then it only make sense we keep him asleep." Solar then turned his attention to his watch, "Also, shut down your location channel in your power band. We can't have them figuring out where we're heading. Especially Blaze."

"But the others won't be able to communicate with us if we did that! Don't you think they'll find it even more suspicious and get worried?"

"We lose signal during flight all the time. They won't notice a thing."

Thorn conceded as he did what his brother told him, "I don't know, Solar. I have a really bad feeling about this."

This time, Solar couldn't hold back his sigh. He turned to Thorn and placed a comforting hand to his shoulder, "Trust me on this, okay?"

Wide green eyes looked at him hesitantly, and Solar almost faltered with his decision when Thorn finally nodded.

"Okay. I trust you."

There was a 'beep' from one of the screens and Solar turned back to look, "Good, 'cause we're finally here."

He looked out the window and watched as the planet of different hues of green slowly grew closer.

"Planet Rhadamanthus."

.

.

.

.

.

As soon as Solar had stepped foot on the planet, he couldn't help but feel... a sense of familiarity as he looked around the jungle they were in.

"Woah. Déjà vu." Thorn spoke up as he skipped next to him, "Have we been here before?"

"Of course not. It's probably because all the planets we've been through are always filled with jungles." Solar said as he took out a scanner and pointed it at the trees then at the bushes that surrounded them, "Alright, we're all clear."

"What's that for?"

"It's to make sure that all inanimate objects around us are not monsters in disguise." Solar winced as his boot sunk too deep in the moist ground before continuing on their path, "Don't want us making the same mistake as last time."

"Oh, that's handy."

"And it's also a motion-sensor. Any movement will give out an alarm-"

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!