You Can't Keep Doing This, Love

You didn't know how much longer you could run.
You were close to collapsing.
But you have to keep going or he'll catch up to you.
You couldn't stop the tears from falling as you ran as fast as you could.
You suddenly tripped on uneven ground and fell to the floor dislocating your left knee making you scream in pain.
You cried out as you sat up and looked down at your knee, you almost passed out at the sight.

"Y/N!" You heard him yell as you looked up to see Marc rushing towards you in his moon knight suit, without the mask.

"No! Go away!" You screamed as you sobbed.
He knelt beside you and looked at your knee.

"It's okay, angel. Look at you, you're hurt. I can help sweetheart." He said as you sobbed even more.
You wanted to keep running but the pain was too much to bare.

"Please, please help." You cried out as he held your face in his hand.

"I'll help, angel. But only if you promise to never run again, okay? Can you do that?" He asked softly as you cried more.
You didn't want to, but there wasn't much choice.
He could help now and you'd stay on his good side or you'd try to run and he would hurt you even more.

"I promise." You whispered as he smiled and kissed your forehead.

"Alright, baby. Keep your eyes on me." Marc said as you nodded and looked into his eyes.

"There's my good girl. Deep breath in." He said as you nodded and felt his hand on your knee.
He counted down and quickly slid the kneecap back into place.
You screamed out in pain and cried more.

"There we go, angel. You're going to need about six weeks to heal from this. I'll carry you home." He said, you couldn't even comprehend anything all you could do is sob.
He picked you up and his your face in his neck.

"Shh, let's go home." He whispered kissing your forehead.

--

Marc had finally gotten you home and asleep in your bed.
He couldn't stop Steven from coming out.
He sat by your bedside and just brushed his hand through your hand.
He was so worried about you and hated the idea of you being in pain.
After an hour of Steven watching you sleep you woke up in pain and cried softly.

"Shh, love. I'm right here, I'm right here." He whispered whispered as you cried out.

"Steven." You whispered hopelessly as he leant down and kissed your forehead.

"It's okay, love. Are you hungry, baby? You want some food?" He asked as you snuffled and nodded.

"Please." You whispered as he smiled.
He helped you sit up and kissed your forehead again.

"I'll go get food, sweetheart. I won't be long." He replied as you nodded and let him leave the room.
After a few minutes he returned with a bowl of noodle soup.

"Love, did Marc speak to you about you running away?" Steven asked getting a small lap table for you and placing the soup on it.

"When I hurt my knee he agreed to help me if I promised to never run away." You replied as he nodded.

"Good, love. I know you get scared sometimes but you can't run away, sweetheart. This is what happens you get hurt. And I don't like when you leave, we care about you so much and it hurts us when you try to leave. Do you understand what I'm saying, love?" Steven asked gently brushing a piece of hair behind your ear.

"I understand. I promise I won't escape again." You whispered making him smile and kiss your forehead.

"Good girl."