mlChapter Sixty-nine: Tartarea

" Entering, Head Priest of the Holy Land, Sorath Rathaniel Saintillion! "

The first thing I noticed was the mitre hat that was hiding his receding hairline.

' Celeste-sama, there's something wrong with Prince Lucius' reaction. ' Ares said through the mind space.

I whipped my head in his direction and he didn't even bother hiding his glare.

Don't tell me that he..

" It's him. " Emrys whispered.

" EVERYONE, PLEASE BOW DOWN. " The priest beside him shouted.

We had no choice but to bow and then I could hear him proceed to bless us.

"In the name of the Almighty Father, God Cornelius, and the High Gods of Empyrean, may this land be blessed! "

A bright white light flashed before our eyes and before we knew it, the blessing part was done.

. . .

" It feels more like a curse than a blessing. " I peeved.

"There is something wrong with his magic." Emrys stared at the High Priest with a glare.

"Aside from the fact that he is the man from earlier with a receding hairline, what else did you notice? I can't quite tell." I asked him.

"To put it simply, he does in fact hold strong divine blessing power but it is fluctuating. His mana isn't stable, that could only either mean that his mana is too strong or he has a clashing attribute in his body that is making a mess out of his divine blessing. One that is equally as strong, maybe even stronger." Emrys explained.

A clashing attribute? I hold all attributes just not the forbidden ones but there hasn't been any mana fluctuation with mine? That means it must have something to do with the Priest having Divine Blessing.

If that is so then it would be either Dark Magic or Black Magic, possibly either any one of the Forbidden Magic.

Why would the High Priest be one of the main villains of the game?? So far we have uncovered Count Ulbem, Princess Psyche, a woman whose initials are I.L.E, and Duke Bartholomew as the villains. We are missing one more person but even then we still don't know what are their goals.

Well, except maybe for Princess Psyche. It was so she could make her brothers fall in love with her and she could take full control over them. What I do not get is that in the game, I recall Lucius no longer being the Prince. That meant someone else took over the throne but Lucius is the firstborn which made it the more confusing.

The Royal Library..we must get there as soon as we can. If we can get more information about the Book of Mons, maybe eventually we would be able to figure this out more.

'The Book of Mons..I have certainly heard about it before.' I thought, but where? It just feels so nostalgic.

Inside the mind link, Ymir contacted both me and Emrys to sneak out from the corner entry, so we did. Finally meeting up, they all managed to escape from having to greet nobles. I haven't been to many royal gatherings and it does truly seem to be a bore. Most especially if it's with someone you absolutely despise.

'Woah~ this place is huge. ' Hestia said, astonished.

It surely is one of the largest libraries I've ever seen inside a castle.

"Over here," Abbadon said and he led us somewhere much deeper than the surface entrance of the library.

As we walked down the hidden stairs of this Royal Library, it was sealed off by high magic security.

"How do you know how to get past here?" Rizon wondered.

"My Father has taken me to the real royal library. The one from earlier is only for normal beings to visit but down here...are for the heirs." He said and then as he used some of his magic, two large heavy doors with no handles or locks, opened.

It was astonishing, we had nothing like this back in Kinsleigh Kingdom.

The lights automatically turned on, they were all powered by sensory oil lamps. Well, I'm not sure if I could still call them oil lamps as oil lamps don't usually have magic embedded in them.

We spread out since he wasn't sure where information books about The Book of Mons would be. It seemed like hours before we found anything related to it but in actuality, it has only been an hour.

" I found it." Dimitri reported.

It was an old book, much older than the rest. He said that he found it at the very back of this library, hidden behind other books. It was inside a metal box which we found out that he broke later on.

The Book of Mons supposedly has two more books to it. The Book of Vita and The Book of Aeternitas. In other translations, The Book of Death, Life, and Eternity.

It was said that they used to be all together in a land called Enigmatia but after the great war, two of the books were scattered to different places in the..dimensions? It was a book of Godly spells and curses that were made by the Gods of Empyrean in order to keep the oldest of practices.

Even here in Elysianvarld, it was said that the Gods of Empyrean faced much hardship in the battle with the Impietas. There was no explanation to what this was except that it was a black evil entity that feeds off a God's negative energy and later on takes over the God which got its current name..Corruption. Therefore it would explain why they had to make the Books.

There were some parts that we could not quite understand the writing and it was hard to decipher the texts so we had to move on to a few pages.

A Tempest was reborn into Enigmatia and managed to take back the books from the corrupted..oh my...a corrupted God? But in the process, she had to send the other books away in order to prevent the corrupted from holding onto the power.

The Book of Mons is indeed a real book that is here in Elysianvarld and its current location is unknown but it is said that the passage finding the book would be in the Chasm of Void and based on the given map...it would be somewhere in Harrow Forest.

" At the end, right here, it is said that in the book there would be a spell there to summon the Lord of the Tartarea? that would need a sacrifice. " Lucius read.

" Tartarea..its the Underworld! " Emrys uncovered.

"That would mean..the Book of Mons, does have a way to bring the impurities into Elysiansvarld." Forrest eyes widened.

"In that case, it would also mean..."

"The game was correct."

To be Continued . . .