271.You Can Only Do, And Not Speak

Auntie Qiu had come to the Lee home eight years ago. She was on Lilan’s side and was definitely not a good thing.

Auntie Qiu watched as the door shut in her face. She was enraged, but her expression was quickly replaced by a kind and understanding one.

Lisa stood before the window and watched as Lilan and Shuhai drove out of the Lee home together.

Her expression was heavy. She brought out her phone and dialled a number. “Jackson, send someone to watch Lilan and Shuhai. If the two of them are seen behaving suspiciously, take photos and send it over.”

“No problem,” a man responded cheerfully on the other end.

Jackson was the owner of a private investigator office.

She had contacted him several days ago.

In her previous life, even after she married into the Jeon family, there were many women who had thoughts about Jungkook.

Back then, she did consider spending the rest of her lifetime with Jungkook. However, her own inferiority had made it nearly impossible.

She had secretly contracted a private investigation office to keep tabs on all the suspicious women around Jungkook.

After several incidents, she learnt that Jackson had a good character. He was well-connected and his fee was also reasonable.

However, Jackson refused to take on any business related to shady affairs.

He was unlike Hei Xiao, who paid no attention to the nature of the business requested. As long as they had agreed to do something, they would be ruthless with their methods. No matter how shady the affair was, it would not stop them.

To find the man who had stolen her phone and framed her elder brother, Fang Shaohua, she needed the people from Hei Xiao to help her.

As for simple matters like following someone, Jackson would suffice.

In this life, when it came to building connections, discussing businesses and starting her own company…

Lisa was making slow but steady progress.

She placed her phone back into her pocket and stood before her window to watch the ink-black sky.

The stars and the moon were bright tonight. Ever so often, a few stars would glisten, causing the night to appear especially lonesome.

She wasn’t sure if the view was causing her to feel lonely, or if she was missing Jungkook.

She wondered if Jungkook, the man she loved dearly, was similarly thinking about her?

He was far away on the border. But despite the distance between them, they both stood under the same sky.

She loved him. He was her longing.

No matter where he was, or how far away from her, she would silently await his return.

At this moment, on a particular patch of grass in the forest, Jungkook laid on the grass with his eyes fixated on the night sky. Over time, he seemed to find Lisa’s little face in the moon. Her brows, eyes, lips and nose…

His gaze was distant and heavy, and seemed to contain the entire universe. Unknowingly, that pair of eyes turned gentle…

On the nights where he could not return to her side, could she possibly know of his deep longing for her?

The next morning, after waking up, Lisa exercised for two hours as usual. She wanted to slim down as much as she could while Jungkook was still away.

She recalled Lilan’s words and did not head to the school. Instead, she waited in the living room on the first floor.

At around 7.30 in the morning, Lilan’s car turned into their front yard. A few minutes later, she entered the living room with a takeaway box in her hands. “Lisa, why are you up so early?”

“Last night, what was it you mentioned about something you can only do, but not say?” Lisa lifted her brows.

“You’ll know soon.” Lilan placed the takeaway box on the table. “My good daughter, have some breakfast first. Mom personally went to queue for Xu Xiang Ji’s osmanthus pancakes just for you. Their business is too good. I spent an entire hour queuing for it. Normally, I would never waste time queuing for such a thing. But what can I do? This happens to be our Lisa’s favourite food.”