Part-2

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja's brother in law Aditya and cousin sister Riddhima took both of them to the terrace.

Karan and Aditya walked ahead and were talking about Aditya's work profile and Riddhima and Teja walked behind them.

"He seems to be decent...." Riddhima whispered in Teja's ear.

Teja shook her head hopelessly and went to the terrace.

"Okay then you guys talk....we are leaving...." Aditya said warmly and went outside.

Karan looked here and there and finally looked at her to find her looking down awkwardly.

"Hey relax okay?there is nothing to be nervous or scared....please sit...." He said politely and gestured at the swing and himself stood near a cube stool which was kept in front of the swing.

She smiled a bit and sat on the swing and he sat on the stool.

He doesn't really has a lot of fuss. He sat there just like that.

"Hi i am Karan....ghar mein sab Sunny bolte hai...." He said with a sweet smile.

"Tejasswi...." She said politely.

"Yeah....aap doctor hai...." He said and immediately regretted. How stupid. Obviously doctor hai. Neeche kitni baat toh sab ne bola.

She nodded.

"I have no clue what to talk...." He chuckled sheepishly.

She looked at him. He was a little shy and his cheeks had turned red. She chuckled softly looking at him and he looked at her softly.

"I hope nobody forced you for this....if you have any issue you can tell me....i will talk to everyone...." He said softly looking at her.

"No no nothing like that...." She said politely.

"Okay so i was basically born and brought up in Jalandhar....schooling wohi pe kiya....college mein i was in hostel....i started my call centre while studying....jiju helped me....and then Ekta ma'am spotted me on facebook....i had sent her a friend request because a friend of mine had her in her friend list....so i got my first break as an actor...." He said looking at her carefully.

"I was born and brought up here in Mumbai....school college sab yehi pe kiya....now working in a hospital...." She said politely.

"I have....umm....i have had relationships before...." He said looking at her.

She looked at him as he said that.

"That's fine...." She smiled a bit.

"More than one...." He said getting nervous. He had never been nervous about anything related to his past ever. This was the first time he was getting nervous.

She nodded with an awkward smile.

"Aap ko kuch puchna hai?" He asked slowly.

"Do you have any hobbies?" She asked in her soft voice.

"I love watching documentaries.... Science fiction , history , culture attracts me....so i keep watching videos....podcasts....sometimes throughout the night...." He said happily. She could see the shine in his eyes. "What are your hobbies?"

"Story books...." She smiled.

He smiled widely.

"I guessed that...." He chuckled softly and she frowned a bit. "Sorry not stereotyping but you look studious...."

She smiled and played with her fingers.

"I smoke and drink...." He said slowly , looking at her carefully and he did she her face stiffen a bit and then she quickly schooled her expressions. She doesn't and she doesn't like it Sunny , she is gonna reject you.

"Woh punjabi hoon nuh...." He said sheepishly.

She nodded a bit.

"If you want to ask anything please do...." He asked softly. "You would find a lot of things online so i am sure you will have questions...."

She shook her head.

"I was accused of...." Before he could complete she cut him off.

"Aap kab se hai Mumbai mein?" She asked softly.

And that was the cue. She didn't want to know anything about his past.

"Fourteen years...." He said with a soft smile.

"That's a long time...." She said politely.

"Hmm....are you this quiet always?" He asked with an amused smile.

She smiled a bit and nodded.

"Mostly....a little better with friends...." She said with a small smile.

"I am good in talking with people but not about myself....not that expressive....you can say a little shy as well....completely non confrontational and that is the main reason i drifted apart from my ex...." He said honestly. "Exes...." He chuckled and joked and she also smiled sheepishly.

"When did you first started to date?" He asked her sweetly. "Only if you are okay talking about it...."

"I never had a boyfriend...." She said awkwardly.

Karan stared at her for a couple of seconds not knowing how to react. Not everyone has to date in life Sunny. Stop looking at her like that. She will get nervous. As if she is not. As if you yourself are not.

There is no way she will say yes to you. Forget her. Move on.

"Oh...." He muttered and she looked around awkwardly.

He didn't have the heart to ask anything else. There was no point. She would hate someone like him forget saying yes to marriage.

"You have any question about my profession?" He asked politely out of courtesy.

She shook her head.

"Do you want to say anything?" He asked softly.

"I get night shifts often....my work hour is not fixed....depends on emergency...." She said looking at him. "My brother stays abroad and i would want to look after my parents always...."

He smiled softly at her innocence.

"Yeh toh bohut zyaada maang liye aap ne....kuch chota mota maangiye...." He said trying hard not to smile as he said it.

"Nahi....aur toh kuch nahi hai...." She said innocently.

He chuckled softly making her frown a bit.

"This is very normal Tejasswi....you don't have to ask anyone about your working hours and we all will look after our parents....that is the most normal thing to do...." He said softly.

She smiled softly.

"Chalein fir?" He asked with a soft smile. As much as he didn't want to go , he knew it was long that they were talking.

She nodded and got up and he also got up. He gestured her to walk ahead and she walked till the door and he followed.

They came to the first floor to find both their sisters and brother in laws and his nephews sitting in the lounge of first floor while the elders were in the ground floor. They all got up seeing them.

Riddhima went and took her to her room while the others stood in the lounge.

"I will come...." Aditya said with a smile and went to balcony to give the family some space.

"Did you like her?do you have an answer?sunny bol nuh...." Meenu held his hand excitedly.

"Give him some time to think....let them go out for sometime...." His jiju rolled his eyes.

Karan blushed softly and scratched the back of his neck.

"It's a yes...." Poonam said while looking at him with a smile. She knew her brother. It was written on his face.