Episode 49

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 49

The playlist for this chapter is 'Dave Winkler - Numb' Do enjoy🎶🎶🎶

Fernando's POV

"I hate you, Micaela!" I screamed frustratingly in the cab that I hired to the airport. I know is quite late to be going to the airport by this time of the night but I hope there's an available ticket for me to board back to Madrid tonight because I don't want another day to meet me here.

"Sir, are you okay?"

"Fucking mind your business!" I growled at the driver. I wouldn't care less if he wasn't the one that pissed me off, all I do know is he should mind his goddamn business and not ask me some silly questions.

"Sorry, Sir" he apologized and focused his gaze on the road.

"I don't need your stupid sorry!" I retorted chewing my jawline. I'm pained right now, I feel like a fool for letting myself be used like that by a woman for the second time.

How did I love a woman like Micaela Alvarado? Why couldn't I see the signs? She manipulated me into loving her, how could she do that to me?

I was thinking after our vacation in Rome my wife and I will travel to Austria. But no, I couldn't even complete the 3 days I was meant to enjoy with my wife in Rome, rather I'm here all alone heading to the airport. I thought my life will be a happy ending ever, but it became a tragedy yet again because of her.

The wild whirl of nameless regret and passionate sorrow colored my thoughts.

"We are here, Sir" the cab driver announce making me jar out of my thoughts. I didn't hesitate to pay him off and went in to buy a ticket.

Lucky for me they have only one available ticket and the flight will be taking off in the next 20 minutes. I paid for my ticket and after check-in, I went to board the flight. "I hope I never get to see you again Micaela" I mumbled.

**
"Hey buddy, I'm at the airport, come pick me up?" I was speaking to Antonio on the phone, he's the only one I could call when I got to Madrid. I didn't want to call Mr. Pedro to pick me up nor do I want my brother to pick me up, they'll ask me so many questions which I'm not ready to answer. I don't want to transfer my aggression to them either.

I'll just go straight to my hotel, I don't want my mom to suffocate me with questions of why I came back earlier than expected. Truly, our honeymoon vacation was meant to last 1 week but plans changed, all thanks to the woman I got married to.

"Buddy, what do you mean I should come to pick you up at the airport? Where are you?" Antonio's voice intruded on my thoughts.

"I'm back in the city, I'm at the airport, please come pick me up".

"You're back in the city? Just like that? I thought your honeymoon was going to be a one-week maximum vacation. What happened? Why the change of plans?"

"I'll tell you when I see you. Just come pick me up already!" I grunted.

"Fine! I'm on my way".

I hang up the call and tears made their way through my eyes. It's a good thing my sunshades were covering my eyes because I wouldn't have stood the embarrassment of being caught crying by people who admire and respect me a lot in the city.

The truth is I might be a superhero outside, but inside I'm just too emotional for my good. Things like what the woman I loved and gave me all did to me can make me grief-stricken.