46 | Mission Impossible

"Do we have to worry about this Bodhi guy meeting up with Val and Mez?" Rome asks, reclining on the sofa while we're all watching a movie in the theatre room

After Val informed us that she and Mez were meeting up with Bodhi, her inside informant with the FBI, her brothers were worried for her.

One, he works for the FBI, and two, he and Val have a history.

"If he gets a bit too friendly, I'm sure Mez will put him in his place," Gio reassures us.

Dom's jaw ticks, and his fists clench. He is the most overprotective brother when it comes to Valentina. In a way, it's adorable how the hard-ass of the bunch has a soft spot for his sister.

"From what I remember, it was a mutual breakup. Honestly, they didn't even date they were sleeping together, I guess," I shrug, not worried at all.

Dom hums, relaxing a little before he gets a text, startling him. He checks it, then pockets his phone before muttering he's tired and leaving the room.

"Weird," Rome comments, watching his twin leave the room, the rest of us nodding in agreement.

P E C C A T R I C I

Valentina is a goddess👑: yo big bro, someone is following us

Valentina is a goddess👑: yo big bro, someone is following us. need u to load up and get to the roof, use the suppressor don't want to cause panic. tell no one, keep 1 alive. Got it?
Dom👊🏽: understood.

After muttering goodnight to everyone, I make my way upstairs, running into people and trying to avoid conversation. When I finally reach my room, I close the door quietly and race to my bed. Crouching down, I drag out my duffel bag.

Opening it, I grab the sniper that Val gifted me a month ago. Loading the gun, I added the suppressor and made a few adjustments. Once satisfied, I place it back in my duffel bag and walk to my window. Opening it, I check my surroundings. When I know I'm in the clear, I maneuver out the window with my bulky frame and close the window behind me.

I could have probably gone up to the roof the safer way, but Val doesn't want anyone to know yet because she's right. Everyone will panic and go into defense mode.