37- The original novel

Events of the original novel

In the original novel, Eric was the loyal dog of the Vorsacks with his leash tight on his throat.

And the hand that caught the leash was...

Caroline Vorsack, the villainess of the novel.

She was a dangerous woman, cold-hearted and devoid of any morals. She didn't care about how dirty her hands got as long as she could get what she wanted.

She didn't know the warmth of love, all that she knew was to own things and people.

And when she wanted something, she would have it at all costs!

And being the daughter of the underworld lord, she could easily get anything that she wished for.

Once at an illegal auction, she saw a very pretty looking ring.

It was a rare blue diamond!

But that item wasn't the ones for sale.

A man in the audience was wearing it. She looked at its bright blue sparkle as he sat there looking at the items for the auction.

And when she fixes her eyes on something, she can't give it up.

"Sell me this ring" she said walking up to the man.

"What?" The man is surprised.

"I said, I want it." She points at the ring on his right hand "Quote your price".

"Well...no I can't do that! This is a gift from my late father! This is our family treasure!"

"I want it." Was all that she said, her ice cold eyes glared at him.

"But I said that I-" before the man could even complete the sentence, she sliced his arm off right in front of his eyes.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh" the man screamed in pain as blood splattered everywhere.

Everyone at the auction house gasped in surprise and fear moving away from them.

She calmly picked up the hand and took off the ring on it.

"I don't like to repeat something more than twice. If I said I want it, then I get it!" She gazes at the blue diamond ring admiring its beauty before putting it on her finger.

"You bitch!! I'll kill you!!" The man pulled out his knife with his other hand and charged towards her.

But then a man with silver hair appears before her and kills the other man swiftly.

"Carrie are you alright??" He asks with deep worried eyes.

But she's always expressionless on the other hand,"Yes" she answers wiping off the blood from her face.

"Why didn't you wait for me? Why did you come here all by yourself??" He tried his best to control his anger.

"Do I need your permission now?" She asked.

"No that's not what I meant- I'm just saying that this place is dangerous!" He says.

But deep down he knew all his efforts were in vain. She didn't think that he was important enough to inform him where she went.

"Anyways I'm bored now. I'll be leaving." She says.

"What's all this fuss about?" The manager at the auction house walks up to them but he's deeply shocked when he sees the man's lifeless body on the ground.

Someone from the crowd walks up to him and explains the situation.

"Boss that lady and that man killed him for a mere ring! We must ban them from here to avoid such things in future!" He whispered into the manager's ears.

But to his surprise the manager's reaction completely changed when he saw the Lady.

"Oh Milady, it's you! Was there a problem? Then I deeply apologise! How can I make this up to you?" The manager tries his best to smile and hide his nervousness.

"The problem has been taken care off. I suggest you clean that up" she says pointing over to the dead body on the ground.

"Okay! Rest assured, you do not have to worry at all!"

"Then I'll leave for now" she walks off through the crowd with the silver haired man following her on the back.

"Boss shouldn't we stop them?" The man is surprised.

"You fool! Do you want to end up like the corpse on the ground? Didn't you recognise who that woman was?"

"What?"

"Jet black hair, bright green eyes...That woman was none other than Caroline Vorsack, the daughter of the Duke of Vorsack!" The manager explained.

"Oh my god...! I didn't recognise her!" The man gulped down a lump in his throat. He  looked at the corpse on the ground and thanked every god he knew.

Because if he even dared to cross the Lady of Vorsack, his body would be lying beside that.

As they rode the carriage on their way back to the Vorsack Mansion, He stared at her as she gazed outside at the passing scenery. She looked so beautiful as she removed the strands of hair from her face, revealing her bright green eyes. But her eyes looked bored as if nothing interested them.

But He could continue to stare at her for hours like this and wouldn't get bored. He wanted to give her everything in the world, be it the most precious jewel or the largest mansion. But She never asks for anything from him. She never needs to ask him, she was the Vorsack Princess afterall. Her father had already given her everything and She could get anything  she wished for.

And that's why he hated her family, if only they were no there...

If only she belonged to him!

But that wasn't possible.

It was only a false dream.

She was engaged to the crown Prince.

Soon she would belong to someone else.

But he didn't care as long as she was happy...

But the truth is, she was never happy.

She was empty inside.

And that is also the reason why she had immense black magic powers.

Humans rarely know how to practice black magic as it was only practiced by the elves.

But the Vorsacks had stolen the secret records kept in the church. And that is how the once ordinary bandits became one of the most powerful nobles of the empire.

For humans, Black magic feeds on the darkness in people's hearts. The emptier a person is, the stronger the black magic user.

And for Caroline this was true. She had a huge amount of mana.

But that was obviously not enough compared to Eric who was a half blood. He was extremely powerful, he was also known as the one man army.

They say that in the original novel, he single handedly defeated five thousand men during the great war at Karlos. He was rewarded with the title of a holy knight and the emperor of Karlos even offered his beautiful Princess for marriage, which he refused.

No amount of beautiful women could interest him, because his eyes only looked at her.

But she never looked at him.

To her he was only a doll to play with and discard when she got bored...