Chapter Fifteen

My mind had other plans for when it came to having a normal day at my new home. It wasn't even sunrise yet and I was up and out of bed, ready to execute my plan.

I was already dressed and had wasted no time in scanning the perimeter around the building, more specifically outside my room. There were two guys patrolling just under my window and the drop was far.

I glanced over at the bed. No. I am not using the bedcover method to get out of here.

We might have to go up, instead of down.
I opened the double doors to the balcony and stepped outside. The reach for the roof wasn't too far so I prepared for the jump. I put a chair in the middle of my path to step on for some added height then went back to the railing and took a deep breath.

I ran towards the chair, stepped up to the seat then pushed myself up to the roof. I crouched on the roof to try and hide my position the best I could. I crawled around to the front of the house.

Noticing an empty area near the garage and a water pipe going down the length of the building, I used it to lower myself to the ground slowly. It took a while but when I got close enough, I jumped down and landed on my feet to minimise the noise I would make.

Rummaging through my pockets, I grabbed my lock pick and slowly began picking the lock. The door opened easily and I cringed at the security of this place. Entering it was easy, and getting to the cars was even easier.

I didn't bother going to find keys but instead broke into a car like it was nothing.

Once I got into the passenger seat, I began to hotwire the car. Removing the plastic under the steering wheel, I found the two red wires; I used my blade to strip the tops and crossed them over. Finding the single brown wire, I stripped that too then carefully brought it to the red wires until I heard the car engine sputter then roar to life.

I muttered a small prayer to God and got out, the engine still on.

Going to the garage door, I noticed it had a code.

Fuck, it'll take me ages to work out the combination. I got back into the BMW, 'I know- out of all the cars in this garage I chose the BMW', and looked around the car to see if there was any remote to open the gate without any hassle.

After prying open the glove compartment, I found a square looking thing with two buttons on the top of it. I pressed the one on the left and the garage door began to open.

I quickly put my hoodie up and began to drive the car out of the garage, hoping the guards at the main gate wouldn't suspect anything. The gates were already open as I began to drive forward so I didn't look back as I sped through.

I got back onto the highway and swerved around in the lanes. I got a few honks from cars but ignored it as I kept moving.

Once I got off the highway, I pulled into the breakdown lane.

Knowing Alessandro was smart enough, I figured the car probably had a tracker on it. Removing the plastic from under the wheel, I looked under the wires and lifted them up to see if there was any visible tracker.

At first, I saw nothing until a small flash of green caught my attention. I pushed my hand all the way through towards the light flash and my fingers brushed a small button-like object. I found the edge of it and used my finger to pick it off.

It came off effortlessly so I picked it up and threw it out the window.

I took the car off the handbrake and waited for the lane to be free so I could pull into it again. I headed to the given location and looked at the time. It was 3:09am.