CH 5: Speedy Escape

REN's POV

It was about 4 in the morning and I was still out on the balcony after not getting any sleep when I realised that Alex and Ricky were probably waiting at the house. Not that they would care if I went missing but I'm not willing to take any chances.
Getting off the floor, I went back inside the room and took a shower, making the most of the hot water before getting changed into the same clothes and heading down to where I ran into yesterday.

What I did not expect to see were the Avengers all lounging around in the Kitchen/living room.
Mr Barton looked like he was still asleep on the sofa, Mr Stark was drinking coffee in the kitchen and Steve was making pancakes at the stove; the rest were just dotted around the room doing their own thing.

Trying to back out the door and find a window I could escape from, I walked backwards and hit a determined Russian Spy going by the name,
"Miss Romanoff, hiiiiiii how are you doing? Bye now."
Despite my rushed greeting, she still lead me into the room getting everyone's attention. Steve tried to force some pancakes onto a plate that Stark had drawn up but I was still not hungry.

"Welp, need to go to school bye everyone!" I rushed out before anyone could stop me and just started walking to school.

(Time skip to the corridor in school)

"Ren Parker Black, where the hell were you yesterday?" Maya yelled in my ear

"Chill, I felt like crap so I decided to bunk off" luckily she bought it and asked no more about my excuse because first morning bell rang.
It only just occurred to me how stupid I am, the people I tried to get away from literally teach at the school I attend, I am seriously losing my touch.

I made my way to double science and saw good old Mr Banner sitting at his desk waiting for the second bell to ring.
He looked surprised I had even turned up to school but I just went to sit down. Science was a breeze but he glanced at me every few minutes and half way through the lesson, Director Fury called me out to the corridor.
"Miss Black, I hope you are feeling better because I have emailed your guardians and asked if they could spare you for a few nights, luckily they agreed so your going to have to go back to the tower after school with the teachers"

(Le time skip)

It was lunch time and Maya had chess club again today so I was daydreaming when Mr Barnes and Mr Rogers came over to my table.
" Hiya Ren, Banner told us to make sure you were having lunch but seeing as you aren't, we got you a sandwich" Mr Barnes said as he handed me a sandwich and water with a gloved hand.

" Thanks, you didn't need to do that" I replied and chugged half the water in one gulp.
They shrugged and went back to their table with the rest of the teachers and mumbling a few word before they left the canteen.

I wasn't very hungry so I just shoved to sandwich in my bag and had the grand idea of bunking off so in my attempt to leave the school campus, I was at the gate when good old Mr. Thor stood right in my way.

"Could you move please?" He was really trying my patience.
"My apologies but I am here to take you to the team" he said, and he did just that.

"Where were you trying to go Ren?" Mr Rogers raised an eyebrow
I didn't answer his question and so he lead me to the car by my shoulders and went round the drivers side. While he was walking round, I opened the door and made a run for it.

I only got about 3 streets down before the same car cornered me off

"Why are you so resistant?"

I'm sorry. Why am I so bloody resistant? Maybe because you can't leave me the fuck alone. I just want things to go back to the way they were.

Of course I didn't actually say that, I just shrugged and tried to make another runner but before I could do anything, I was pulled into a hard chest and thrown into the car by none other then James Buchanan Barnes.
He came and sat beside so I was sitting in the middle between Loki and Barnes. Now how I going to escape? Barnes has similar training to me and Loki has literal magic like, fr?

They dragged me back to the tower, the whole ride was filled with awkward silence, the two twats next to me just calculated my every move and Miss Romanoff just kept looking at me through the mirror to make sure I was still there.

As soon as the car door opened, Mr Barton was by my side, talking animatedly about his children. I hate children; but his sound kinda cute. They lead my to the living room and started lecturing me about how I shouldn't have run.

Blah blah blah whatever.

They left me in the living room and told told Jarvis to keep an eye on me while they did what they needed to do.

(Time skip brought to you by Lisa, the weird animal (^•^))

I was so bored. Like unbelievably bored. Unfathomably bored. Indescribably bored. Really really bore-

"REN, are you listening? It's dinner time."

Dinner was not on my list of priorities but whatever, I went to the same seat as I had yesterday and a bowl of ravioli was put in-front of me.

(This is the table layout)

                                            Steve
                                                •
                      Natasha •                 • Barnes
                      Thor       •                 • Loki
                      Banner   •                • Ren
                       Clint      •                • BLANK SEAT
                                                •
                                            Tony

I glanced at Dr Banner who was sitting opposite me who looked at me, then at my food, then at me again. I got the message and ate a bite, I have to say, it was really good but I only managed half. Banner looked like he wanted to say something but kept his mouth shut.

I said goodnight and had several warnings about what they would do if I escaped again and I left to go upstairs. I had a shower, and went out onto the balcony for the second night in a row.