Switched Bodies (SS)

Introduction:
A potion Severus is brewing goes wrong. What will happen when he switches bodies with his colleague, Y/N Y/L/N?

This is a request from an anon on Tumblr. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 8/5/2022
———————————————

Author's note:
In this story, Harry, Ron and Hermione are attending Muggle Studies classes.
———————————————

Word count: 1.5k

Severus is brewing a potion, just like he usually does. It's one he has brewed so many times before - he could do this in his sleep.

Just as he prepares the last ingredient, somebody knocks on the door to the classroom.

He sighs. "Enter" he states as he starts cutting the ingredient carefully.

As the person enters, he immediately recognises the sound of the steps - it's Y/N Y/L/N, one of his colleagues.

The woman slowly approaches him, smiling. "Hello, Severus. I was just wondering if you have any Sleeping Draught? I've had trouble sleeping lately" she tells him.

He hums as he gestures to his storage room with his head. "On the top shelf to the left" he mutters, grabbing the cut ingredient for the potion.

"Thank you" she says, looking grateful.

As she passes by his desk, she notices a parchment among the graded papers.

"What's this?" she questions.

Severus jerks his head towards her, accidentally adding too much of the ingredient.

"Don't-!" he exclaims just as the potion explodes.

Once the smoke is gone, he coughs a few times. "Great, I added too much" he mutters in irritation.

When he looks back at Y/N, he widens his eyes. He's not looking at Y/N. Instead, he's looking at... himself?

"Severus?" his clone asks, sounding confused.

Severus raises an eyebrow. "Who... Y/N?" he questions.

His clone gives a confused smile. He winces at that - he has never seen himself smile before.

"Yeah... I think your potion did this" Y/N looking like Severus says, giggling.

He winces once again. He has never giggled before... This is so strange.

"Well... I put too much of the ingredient into the cauldron. It seems to have made you look and sound like me" he states.

"And made you look and sound like me" she points out.

Severus widens his eyes - he didn't even notice until now. Whenever he speaks, he hears her voice. But does he really look like...?

He looks down at his own body. Well, Y/N's body - he sees the curves of her chubby body. His cheeks- well, Y/N's cheeks turn red. He never imagined looking this close at her body... Not that he hasn't fantasised about it.

He clears his throat. "W-well... I apologise, hopefully this will wear off very soon" he says, fidgeting with Y/N's hands. He can't help but admire them - they are so soft.

Y/N bursts out laughing. Severus raises an eyebrow at her. Does she think this is funny?

After a few seconds, he can't help but laugh as well. Okay, perhaps it is a bit funny.