62

I fell onto the ground hard, feeling my left leg snapping under the pressure.

"Fuck!!!" I screamed in pain, holding my leg.

I was honestly grateful that I didn't die from how far of a fall it was but the fact that my leg was this fucked wasn't good.

I needed to get to Colby before he was killed.

"Cmon Jules. Get up." I grunted to myself, trying to push off of the concrete.

"Ah!" I gasped in pain, balancing almost completely on my right leg.

I needed to at least get inside so I could try to get help for Colby.

It was a slow process, dragging myself along the courtyard so I could get inside.

I felt myself gasping for air as the intense pain shot up my leg but I eventually was able to make it.

"Help!" I called out, my voice hardly a whisper. I was running out of energy and adrenaline which wasn't good at all.

I don't know how it happened, but I stumbled upon a room that had a gun sitting in front of the door way.

That's when I heard it.

I heard Colby gasping for air, which flooded my body with all the adrenaline it needed.

I carefully walked into the room to see a man choking Colby with one hand, holding a gun to his head with the other.

It took everything in me not to make a noise, because that would get either one or both of us killed.

Instead, I carefully picked up the gun that was in front of me and closed my eyes.

I took a deep breath then tried to remember what Colby said about shooting a gun.

I had obviously killed people with one before but if I missed this time, Colby would get hurt or possibly die.

I had to get the perfect shot.

I opened my eyes after a second then aimed for the guys head.

I tried to not let my moral compass jump in because Colby's life was on the line here.

"Just remember, it's either you or them."

I nodded then pulled the trigger, watching as the man that was holding Colby against the wall collapsed.

Immediate kill.

Colby looked at me with a shocked look on his face as the adrenaline wore off again.

"He tested his luck." I whispered then dropped my arms down, letting the gun clank to the floor.

"Julia." Colby whispered then ran up to me, collecting me into his arms. "I thought you were dead." He said in a way that it was almost like he was talking to himself.

"I'm here." I mumbled as he kissed the top of my head, tightening his grip around me.

We stood like this for a minute before I felt a warm liquid dripping onto my arms and front.

"Colby, you're bleeding!" I gasped and hovered my hands over the bullet holes that were in his shoulder and ribs.

"It's nothing to worry about, sweetheart." He said as I stumbled slightly, my leg erupting in pain.

"Ah!" I gasped and held onto Colby so I didn't fall.

"What happened to your leg?" He asked and supported my weight. "It's nothing to worry about." I said and looked at his wounds again, hoping it annoyed him when I said it.