Chapter Fifty Six

[A/N] This book is officially a Wattpad exclusive, so while that means I did have to take down the patreon only chapters from my patreon it means I get to go whatever fiendish way I please with this book since I don't have to hurry to finish it. I'm a happy  about that, because it means I get to get into some real drama. Woo 〜✧

It was a good decade ago when I was last in Weston's room. I remembered it well because it was one of the last times we'd me in the days leading up to the confession of his that sent me through a tailspin.

My father was divorced from my mother, who left and had little contact with us from an early age, and we didn't complain, and somewhat understood, my father wasn't easy to be around, his consistently critical and unfriendly mood could grate on you after a while.

I spent a lot of time in Weston's house. Things weren't as easy at home, I wanted to spend every second in his house.

He'd asked me at school if I wanted to sleepover, which generally ultimately meant sex as well, it was rare at that point that we slept over without doing anything. With that in mind I nodded and told my father.

My father was irritable, we fought in the way that teenagers generally do for a long time after school. I knew he wasn't happy with me, my grades were never really good enough, not bad but not good enough somehow, and he disliked my learning the clarinet which he thought was a woman's instrument, or running track. 

However it never really struck me that he was homophobic when he was annoyed by me going to Weston's house, possibly aware of what we were getting up to in some capacity. 

I'd slammed the door shut on my way out, red-faced and frustrated.

I'd drained all my frustrations onto Weston as I laid on his bed with him, and Weston didn't say much, but nodded occasionally and grunted. He was on his cell phone, texting someone, I got the impression he didn't want me around.

It was just such a contrast to the last time we'd met and he'd kissed me and told me I was sexy and that he wanted to kiss me at school, I'd gotten butterflies and said nothing but kissed him back and held his hand. It felt so pure, like I was getting engaged, even though I was old enough to know better.

Suddenly he wasn't just annoyed or upset with me, he was just cold.

"Are you alright?" I'd asked him, massaging his shoulders.

He'd rolled his shoulder and frowned at me, lying on his back and continuing texting. "Can you stop always touching me?"

The offhanded comment hurt, enough that I sat there thinking, damn what was that? I should leave.

But I was reminded I didn't have anywhere to go, would I go back home then? After that argument?

So I sat there awkwardly, feeling myself being lowered into the freezer, suddenly not sure what I should be doing in his room and it was getting late.

"Can I play a movie?" I asked, I really just wanted to read something to pass the time but I figured he would have liked a movie and we could have at least watched it together. It dawned on me that maybe he was having a bad day and I was being insensitive.

He sighed long and hard for a moment and shrugged.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He grunted.

I kissed his shoulder, growing somewhat desperate for a reaction, I hated not knowing what was going on inside someone's heads, and being that I wasn't out I had the slight despairing notion that if it all crumbled between us somehow I would never find another man to be with, that I would like the same way.