Efforts

"Try harder"

The night was fast and happy. In a whole month's time frame, this crew felt at ease, even Colton was smiling ears to ears, the reason was unknown but the only thing that was sure, was that They were not going to ruin this happy time by reflecting on their own emotions.

The crew soon fell asleep, as the tireness took over, moreover, they needed to get up early.

Only one pair of eyes was yet to close, one soul yet to fall asleep. Without even knowing that far away, the other soul that was connected to it, was sharing same insomnia.

_______________________________

"Simmons, you are weak, you know," the rude words made him frown, after all, he Didn't expect it from this person.

Much to his dismay, he still looked at him with that look on his face that screamed agony.

Murrow Furns, his personal doctor, nodded his head sighing, "The weakness Doesn't come from the body, you know, it comes from your mind. And you are weaker than anyone else here."

Edward gritted his teeth, "Oh, what do you know about it, Murrow? The last time I checked no one else here has got his wife abducted and threatened to death."

Murrow looked at him for a second then kept his wrinkly hand on his head, "Bad times are not for long, Simmons, but you gotta be strong enough to survive till the good times appear."

" You are telling me about good times?" his face hardened yet the scream of helplessness wasn't unnoticed by the old man in front of him.

After all, he had seen countless people in his lifetime, and he had seen how hard and strong people also lose their facade and break apart gradually and painfully.

"I'm not saying anything, but I do know something, if you want this bad time to be over, you have to fight till your last breath."

Finishing up the bandage around his forearm, he smiled, "You already know what to do, why not try again for the last time?"

Edward pursed his lips trying not to show him any sign of weakness, "I am."

With his experienced and wrinkly hand again on this younger boy's head, with an affectionate caress, he said, "then try harder, boy."

"Harder?"

--------

"Try harder, you can make it, try anything less, things can go slipping through your hands," Oliver said while giving him a stern look.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you see? What is even happening, huh? Do you think we like being in this high school drama? That boy is gonna graduate this year, we are gonna graduate this year, and all you care is about who got to take a tutor lesson from Rose?"

"Aren't you ashamed? Seriously is that why we have been working this hard all year? To mess up for a girl?" 

"Oliver, you know that, she-"

"Shut up, I know, okay? I know you have an interest, but why not try to focus on your career first?  Stupid, She's important to me too, okay? But that doesn't mean that you have to give up studying and other. Seriously, your study should be the top priority in this senior year."

"Listen," Edward tried to interrupt.

"No, I'm not going to let you mess up everything, shut up and listen to me, okay? You got beaten up, and if you have any fracture, Don't even contact me anymore, I'm enough to help my friends," with that Oliver stomps away.