The Hellfire Club

A young boy fled down a white tiled hallway, passing doors with numbers on them. He sped around a corner, bouncing off one wall, as his hospital gown rippled from impact . His chest heaved, drawing in gasps of air, running a hand across his shaved head as he forced himself to ignore the mangled bodies of guards, scientists and children scattered throughout the hallways.

"Zero..." A voice called out

The boy, Zero, felt chills run down his spine, a cold feeling flowing through him. He turned his head over his shoulder to look at the source of the voice, eyes widening in fear as he saw a man with blonde hair, blood stains all over his body and clothes. He tried to run away only for his body to be forced towards the voice and frozen in the air.

"Zero..." The man said, "Do not be afraid, your suffering has come to its end." The man told Zero, wiping away a tear on the boy's cheek.

Suddenly Zero's head was forced to look up, he felt his body stiffen as he tried to move. His eyes rolled to the back of his head as pain soured through him. He could feel his bones in his right arm break slowly break one by one before he couldn't feel anything in that arm. The same happens to his left arm all the while feeling himself being drained.

The boy couldn't handle the pain as he let out an ear piercing scream, feeling the draining sensaation stop as his body dropped from the air and onto the cold, hard floor.

Cal shot up in bed, silent pants for breath escaped his lips as his heart pounded in his chest. His eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness as he turned his head to notice a certain redhead asleep next to him.

He smiled at the sight of Max sleeping before looking over at the clock on the side of the bed, telling him it was 2:30 am. Cal let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. Cal thought about whether or not he should fall back asleep. On one hand he really needs sleep, on the other he doesn't want to have another nightmare.

For the past two months Cal has had nightmares every night. Some of these nightmares would be about the past 3 years while others were... different. He would see things that felt too real to be just a nightmare, but he could never remember his nightmares, just the pain and fear.

Cal decided to not go back to sleep yet, so he slipped out of bed and grabbed a hoodie, quickly putting it on. He then stepped silently out the room as he made his way down the hallway of the trailer until he got to the front door. Cal opened it and stepped outside, closing it gently to not disturb Susan sleeping on the couch.

Cal took a deep breath of the cold air, as he walked over to the trailer across from Max's. Cal stepped up the stairs and knocked on the door. 

He watched as the lights in the trailer turned on as the muffled sounds of cursing could be heard from within. The door burst upon, causing Cal to jump slightly, as it revealed Eddie Munson with terrible bed-hair.

The older teen looked down at Cal before sighing, "Hey kid, couldn't sleep again?" Eddie asked. Cal nodded his head yes, "Alright, c'mon in." Eddie said, moving to the side to let him in. Cal made his way over to the couch, sitting on it, as Eddie closed the door.

"So, you here for a smoke?" Eddie questioned as Cal gave him a deadpan look, "Right, what else would you be doing up at this hour." Eddie mumbled as he went to his room, returning a few minutes later with a rolled joint.

Cal smiled at him, standing up from the couch and grabbed the joint. "Thanks Ed." He said.

"No problem kid. Oh, Hellfire club's tomorrow as well if you wanna join, your friends won't shut up about how good their knight is." Eddie told him. Cal just shook his head with a smile, putting the joint between his lips, as he opened the door. He lit the end and took a hit as he closed his eyes.