chapter twelve

chapter twelve
━━ family day

chapter     twelve━━ family day

       "Jay. . ." Eloise whispered as she entered Jay and Carlos' room. It was the middle of the night and Family Day at Auradon Prep, but all Eloise could think about is the overwhelming news she received the day before, how she was Eugene and Rapunzel's missing child — their daughter. Eloise was still in shock, and rightfully so, but she needed someone to talk to about it and her best bet would be Jay.

Carlos was asleep as he cuddled up with Dude and Eloise snook past his bed to wake Jay, shoving his body softly before he turned to her with open eyes. "What is it, El?" He was agitated she had woken him up but noticed the worried expression on her face and turned the lamp on. "Are you okay?" Asked Jay.

Eloise shook her head before feeling a cold tear rush down her cheek, "No. I'm not okay, Jay. I have weird. . . news." Being the daughter of a King and Queen was the least suspected thing Jay thought of but when Eloise expressed everything to him, it all made utter sense.

Eloise cried softly into their quiet room as Jay comforted her the best way he could. "I can't be their daughter! What about Mother Gothel?" Eloise asked as she scrunched her hands on his shirt, wiping her tears onto the fabric before looking up at him.

Jay didn't want to understand. But he did. He knew Eloise weren't born a Villain, she has raised to be a villain. He knew from the moment when they were five that she didn't want to steal from stores as he did, didn't want to take candy from babies, or didn't want to do anything evil. He knew from the moment she declared her kindness to the world on the Isle.

       "Listen, El, I don't want to admit this as much as you, but, Rapunzel and Eugene are your biological parents. You have a chance to escape that evil world back on the island, this is your home, where you belong," Jay soothed as he ran his hands through his long locks, bringing Eloise to meet his eyes so it would be more clear in his head. The blonde sighed, wiping her tears along her palms.

"I don't want to lose you all. . ." That was the only thing Eloise said before she felt a single teardrop fall from Jay's eyes. He perked up, "Mal made you a love potion reverse cupcake." He tried to change the subject as he handed her the box of one cupcake.

Eloise smiled before taking the box, looking over at Carlos as he snuggled with Dude. "You have to take care of him, Jay, he's soft," They both laughed quietly, Jay allowing Eloise to sleep in his bed as he slept on the couch within his room; ready for Family Day tomorrow.

And it definitely wasn't expected, Eloise smiled brightly as everyone down below danced to their upbeat version of 'Be Our Guest.' Though singing wasn't her favourite, it was enjoyable to watch them all dance and enjoy the sing-song from the teenagers.

"You going to spend time with Rapunzel and Eugene?" Jay whispered to Eloise as she took a strawberry, on a stick, and dipped it under the chocolate fountain before slightly elbowing him in the stomach. "What? It's Family Day!" Jay laughed as he stared down at the chocolate fountain in amazement, Eloise rolled her eyes before eating the chocolate-covered strawberry. "You have so much to learn, Jay," Told Eloise.

       "Eloise!" Ben's voice could be heard as Eloise soon walked away to join Ben, him immediately wiping the remaining chocolate from her lips. Ben joined his fingers between hers, "I want you to meet my parents."

        'You have already met mine.' Eloise thought before squeezing her fingers in his. "This is Eloise, from the island. She is. . . my girlfriend," Announced Ben, Eloise furrowing her brows at the announcing of their relationship status. I guess, with the love potion, Ben would think they're actually together. "Hi," Eloise said as Belle and Adam replied back; warily.

       Soon, the conversation leads to a game of Croquet and dinner afterwards.

"Here," Ben said as he took Eloise's hands into his, positioning her right as she hit the ball to move between brackets in the floor. His hand touched her elbow before spinning her around to meet his face — their smiles eating their face. "Did I win?" Eloise asked before Ben chuckled, "The game hasn't finished yet."

Eloise frowned before waiting for someone else to go. "You!" Everyone stopped. Eloise spun from Ben as she searched at the commotion, watching as Audrey and her Grandmother spoke to Mal. "What's happening?" Eloise asked as she left Ben's grip to inch closer. She would always have Mal's back, even if the purple-haired girl didn't always have hers. "Queen Leah, it's okay, Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal," Introduced Ben as he held onto Eloise's hand.

"Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?" Asked Ben, releasing Eloise's hand to wrap his arm around her waist. "A chance to what, Ben?" The snappiness of Queen Leah's tone made Eloise flinch, they all really thought the worse of them, didn't they? "—Destroy us? Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples, and the spells! Spells. . ." Queen Leah whispered as she turned to Fairy Godmother, Mal leaning forwards to apologise.

        "Stay away from her! You were all raised by your parents. What do you think villains teach their kids, Ben, huh? Kindness, fair play? No way, okay. You stole another girl's boyfriend," Chad said as he faced Eloise, Ben not loosening his grip on her once but instead standing in front of her — almost as if he was protecting her from Chad.

        "You enjoy hurting people. And you, you're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater!" Chad aimed towards Jay and Evie, Evie stepped forwards before talking into her magic mirror, "Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?"

       The mirror flashed to show the face of Chad. The truth. "What? Come on!" Jay said before smacking Evie's hand so she'd drop the mirror from his face, that was when Jay lunges forwards, his hands instantly grabbed at Chad to protect Evie before she sprayed him with a blue liquid. Eloise scrunched her brows in confusion as she didn't understand what Evie had used against Chad, however, whatever it was had sent him to sleep.

       Jay grabbed Eloise's sleeve of her dress, dragging her alongside him. "Wait, I wanted to talk to Eugene!" Eloise shouted before Jay shook his head in detest, "You can talk to him afterwards." Eloise sighed before running away with Jay, following the others towards the benches where they ate.