𝟎𝟏𝟎 || A broken thumb away from freedom

Take this Genshin meme I mad yesterday

The following night was not exactly as relaxing as you would have wished

The following night was not exactly as relaxing as you would have wished. Thinking that you could get some sleep, you were essentially wrong with that assumption because Heizou had other plans and wanted to start your training then. It was not as if the male was supposed to be your trainer on a long term, but just teach you the basics of martial arts for you to be able to defend yourself when necessary.

"Aren't you tired?" You asked once Heizou allowed a little break. You sat on the grass, training outside of the city and a few hundred meters away from the village when the bright moon allowed you a clear view of your surroundings.

"Not really. As a detective, I have to pull all-nighters often" he explained leaning against a single nearby tree.

"I see" was all you said, staring at the distant ocean as you weren't aware of the pair of olive eyes that were still solidly set onto your figure.

It was a beautiful and clear night and although the air was cool, the fact that you were moving as much as you did while training, allowed you to stay warm enough.

"We should continue" Heizou then said after a while, properly standing again and helping you up before yet another training session began.

At first you had some struggles with the stances and remembering the order of them. But after some time, you got the hang of it and your movements got stronger as well as faster.

"You're pretty good at this!" The male said. Skillfully blocking your incoming attacks with his arms and backing away due to you stepping closer and closer.

"And you say that because I actually can do it or because in reality I hit like a five year old?" You raised your eyebrows at the compliment as you said that, continuing with your attacks.

"Hehe don't worry, I mean it"

Grinning at the male's words, your attacks quickened, not going unnoticed by Heizou who followed the speed at first before grabbing your ankle once you went for a kick, threw you to the side and caused you to land flat on your back while sliding a few meters on the ground.